AI research at MOD

Hi @itskais

What a nice work! Really repressive.
I wonder, if the suggested Paddelboot already contain the needed settings for the used plugins?

7 Likes

Hi @brummer, thanks!
Yee, the models actually suggest a preset of settings for each plugin.

9 Likes

@itskais great.
I guess that this should be a extra online service, or will that run on a Dwarf?

5 Likes

how could we access this? I mean, MOD still in insolvency, right?

3 Likes

Cool! Nice playing also.

6 Likes

The research project finished with a technical proof-of-concept, which is an AI model you cannot access at the moment. To make it a usable for you, a user frontend needs to be designed and the overall pedalboard assistant needs to be implemented in a scalable way.

This requires a funded company and the hiring of @itskais. It’s part of the MOD reboot plan to launch a minimum-viable-product next year. Curious minds here in the forum would for sure get early acces in order to improve the model with their feedback.

Would love to see that come to live. Let’s cross fingers for the reboot!

12 Likes

This is extremely interesting.

Doesn’t the last post from @gianfranco sort of put a final nail on the reboot option, though?

4 Likes

That’s yet to be determined. Please refer to @friedsilence’s reply AI research at MOD - #8 by friedsilence

5 Likes

Not yet @Tarrasque73 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This looks really nice. Great Idea!

5 Likes

HI @gianfranco

I’m confused.
I had the same impression as @Tarrasque73 about your last post but this is off topic here.

3 Likes

@itskais

If that will run embedded on the MOD, it will be a killer feature.

7 Likes

This is really innovative.

Please don’t forget us bass players, we are most often the neglected dogs of the musical gear realm :wink:

13 Likes

looks really interesting and useful !!

3 Likes

We continue to search for a solution @rogeriocouto

7 Likes

Indeed.

Something like this would be a dream come true.

One of my greatest interests in getting a MOD was the capability of being able to chain pedals and amps in orfer to replicate whatever sound I wanted for my guitar.

One of the greatest disappointments was how hard it is, expecially for relatively simple things.

Lots of amps. Lots of delays. Lots of choruses. If I need to try every one of them I’d spend weeks only to make one pedalboard.

I think a great obstacle that prevented MOD devices to be much more widespread is the learning curve to put them to good use. That think would be a game changer.

7 Likes

that would indeed be a game changer, i do not know of anything comparable of any competitor

7 Likes

This is an innovation in the leage of kemper amps with their profilers. I think this feature could be of huge interest for investors…
Hope to see this come to life!

6 Likes

This is so cool, @itskais! While the training of that AI model would certainly have been done on some beefy machine or in the cloud, I would guess that the actual recommendation could easily happen on the Dwarf (or Duo) itself, or at least on the local machine running the MOD UI.
But OTOH, this would be a perfect way to get some monetization started by offering this as a service: record a bit in the MOD and/or upload some sample to a cloud service and BOOM, you’ll get back a pedalboard ready to play. If that needs a commercial plugin, you might be able to get that right from the store (although I do hope that not every request requires buying another plugin).
But I see how this is some real value-add for any player and for small fee / some credits in the store might allow to bring some funding to the rebooted company.

Anyway, great work, @itskais! (thinking fondly back at my time doing a thesis and doing innovative stuff, while the “real” pros all were working at their day-to-day tasks and didn’t have time for such stuff. That’s the advantage of being young and (somewhat) “cheap” and having enough time and energy at your hands! Good luck with the completion of your thesis!

Hopefully, there’s a company waiting to employ you on the other side of this!

9 Likes

Oh, and thanks, @friedsilence, for sharing your little “side-project” :slight_smile:

8 Likes