16 Pad Sample Player

Is that already a thing?
I think that a “drum rack style” sample player plug-in (like the Ableton one) would be great combined with a 16 pad midi controller. It could also be the brain of a hybrid drum set up with pads.

4 Likes

Hi! I believe you can use some of the generator plugins and map them or they follow standard midi protocol. You can also find some kits if you use the DIE synth with Sf2-files. There are free packs to download. Hope this helps! And you could create your own samples and convert to Sf2 perhaps? But I do not now any plugin which does this in standalone mode yet.

3 Likes

There’s nothing like that. @Imaginus suggestion may be a nice “starting point”.
Anyway, I’m saving your experience in our requests list. Let’s see if you gain some supporters :slight_smile:

1 Like

We could look at porting Fabla – OpenAV

Although the UI (and sample loading) would be slightly tricky to figure out properly.

3 Likes

just loaded up the DIE synth with a bunch of percussion SF-2 files, and it’s opened up a whole new world of possibility! Excellent stuff.

Anyone got a favourite source of SF2 acoustic kits/jazz kits/interesting percussion noises? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great! I know some find good sounds here [Ultimate SoundFont Pack | SoundPacks.com] Great idea to share where to find good sounds!

3 Likes

This seems like a good tool to create own samples : (sfZed - sfz audio music sample format editor) I haven’t had the time to try it yet, but looks promising.

2 Likes

Polyphone is also a nice tool to create SoundFonts, easy and free.

3 Likes

This looks great! Thanks!

2 Likes

Something like this is was I was talking about! :wink:

Any news about a sample player plugin @jon ? Thanks

3 Likes

I believe that the only one available is still the simple Exampler. The devs have been quite busy with system stuff and other plugins for now.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update✌🏻 I’m sure you guys work really hard, I hope that a feature like this will come out in the future, it would be awesome both for the studio and live setup to have a sampler on the Dwarf😍

Meanwhile, do you guys know if it’s possible to have 16 example plug-in triggered by a specific note on my pad controller to simulate an mpc style sampler? Maybe with the midi utility tools?

3 Likes

I would say that for sure sooner or later something like that will be available. I’m just not sure of the timeline for it :wink:

I’m not sure if this is possible, but maybe if you convert the Note to CC (can be on the device and then use the virtual MIDI Loopback port) and map that CC to the on/off of each Exampler. Again, I didn’t try this myself…just brainstorming.

2 Likes

Hi - wondering if anything like this exists in the store or in beta?

Maybe instead I could build something using multiple instances of the audio file player?

I moved your post to this topic (and moved this topic to the correct/new category)

Seems to be exactly the discussion you are looking for, right?

I still think Fabla is the best candidate for this, just the recreation of the UI/UX will be tricky to do.

1 Like

Thanks! And yes - Fabla looks perfect

1 Like