404 for Quickstart

Hi, got my dwarf today (jeah). First point, the quickstart-link on the flyer (Dwarf QSG – MOD Devices website) leads to a 404 error page.
Second point. I am currently trying to connect the Dwarf to my notebook (Win10) via usb. But I can’t get to the web GUI. With 192.168.51.1 I get a timeout. In device manager I get the error Unknown USB device (error requesting device description). It refuses to install the rndis driver saying that the best driver is already installed. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or need to do differently?

1 Like

Quick update by myself :-). Managed to get access via my Mac book. Now updating.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting the quick-start issue. I will investigate what is happening and let you know.
Also glad that you solve the access problem. Go ahead now and share your experiences so far with the Dwarf :wink:

Hi, briefly about the Windows problem ("Code 43 error | Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) "). I have had this on a second Windows machine now.
The usual solutions (reboot, reconnect, disable and re-enable device, reinstall drivers - which didn’t work in this case because Windows said the drivers were already the best) didn’t help.

On the other hand, it worked on a third windows computer. With my macbook it’s also no problem. Nevertheless, it would be interesting to find out more about the reason for this. I suspect that this happens more often. It would not be wrong to have a solution ready. I guess when the production devices land by the supporters, several will have to deal with the same problem.

2 Likes

I have the same problem currently on my windows boot. Initially I was able to access my ModDwarf just fine in windows with the “net+midi (windows)”, but I was trying to get the regular USB CDC mode working by installing some driver I found on the internet. However that didn’t work, and now I seem unable to revert the windows driver to original state and so am unable to access it via 192.168.51.1 on windows, because no network interface device appears.

Lets try keep all the “CDC connection issue” in the same post, which has been reported (and initial debugging done) here [Linux] USB Connect Failed : cdc_subset and netdev timeout usb0 - #6

OP: perhaps rename the title here to just “404 for Quickstart”? That way this thread can be marked as resolved when the issue is fixed?

1 Like

The problem with the quickstart guide seems to be that the little leaflet you get with your Moddwarf actually has two different addresses on it:

The address on the front is something like

moddevices(.)com/dwarfquickstart

On the back it‘s:
https://www.moddevices.com/dwarfqsg

The first one didn’t work some days ago but does now. The second link was working for me from day one.

1 Like

Indeed this was a little issue that we spotted too late. Now they should both work.

Now both links are dead again…

1 Like

In a message thread going on right now:

"We are aware of the issue. It was unfortunately triggered by a change in our website hosting structure.

We are working to get the page back online as soon as possible."

2 Likes

The links are back online again!

Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

// Jesse

1 Like