A request if there's a way to make this! 50 / 60Hz notch filters

Is there a way of creating a notch filter for hum, so it has the fundamentals and harmonics for filtering either 50Hz or 60Hz hum? It would be so useful. I’ve managed to create something using one of the parametric eqs but a simple box with an amount and a selection for 50 or 60Hz would be amazing!

7 Likes

Sure would be nice—I asked for a notch filter once, and was basically told to sit down and use a parametric EQ instead. But if notch filters weren’t useful, they wouldn’t exist—so I’m rooting for you!

4 Likes

A specifically notch filter doesn’t exist in the MOD platform yet. I mapped out the request.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! It would be so great to have something which notches out the fundamentals and (to a decreasing extent) the next few harmonics. I use my Dwarf for live performance and 50Hz (in the UK) hum is always difficult to completely eliminate, and using a parametric eq requires lots of bands in order to catch the harmonics (and they’d all need to be changed if the fundamental changes). So this would be so useful to me! Therefore not quite a simple notch as @RashDecisionAudio mentioned, but more of a set of say 3 or 4 filters which work together. Something that works like the iZotope RX2 Hum Removal would be perfect!!!

8 Likes

Yeah, whether it’s simple or a little more complex, the idea that you could have the filter range mapped to a knob and just sweep until the problem freq goes away… I mean that’s the dream, man.

3 Likes