Ability to label select lists independently of what they select

This is a complex feature request to explain.

When a knob is set up to control a select list, I would like to be able to control the naming of the items being selected.

I like using the top 2 knobs as select lists because the screen real-estate is good for that. Sometimes I’m selecting the delay parameter of a plug-in, or selecting from a list of presets. However I don’t always like what is displayed in the select list and would want to customize that.

For example. I have a select list that chooses from 4 presets in a plug-in. Those presets are global, so every instance of that plug-in uses those same names and I might use that plug in in a few places for entirely different reasons. This causes confusion, unless I was able to name the selections independently.

My specific use case is that I often select presets on the toggleswitch plug-in. I use it a lot, and it has different contexts, but the select list will always just list the preset names, which I have intentionally made very generic so they can work in different contexts.

This concept exists for non-select list parameters. I can have a knob assigned to a delay feedback but name it anything I want.

This is just an ‘ease of use’ request, because I think the Mod Duo X has so much potential for complex live set ups, however it can become confusing quickly!

Assigning individual items of a list is something we are pushing for very soon.
It is the main reason why there is no assignment options at all for file lists.

5 Likes

This is great nows, always glad to know you are one step ahead of me !

S.

1 Like