Access to all plugins parameters from hardware

I’m wondering if it may be possible to have all parameters accessible from the DUO hardware without having to assign them from the GUI.

My idea is to have two modes.
Mode1 is just like it is right now. The user has to assign the functions to a knob or button.

Mode2 is where all parameters are accessible through menus and sub-menus. You can scroll through all the different plugins which are on the pedalboard, select the plugin you want to work on then scroll through the parameters then select and adjust that parameter. It would be great if a parameter can be assigned to Mode 1 as well.
The confusion on this may be that there are multiples of the same plugin. For example I use the gain plugin in many places. How would I know which gain plugin I’m accessing?
Maybe a graphical representation of plugins is a good idea like how it’s done with the Fractal AxeFx. (squares with a letter or word inside for the type of plugin it is…)

The idea is that as a default the user should assign the parameters he/she wants to access (mode1). However, the parameters which have not been assigned should be accessible for emergencies. In the case of an emergency I don’t think people would be too upset about scrolling through menus and sub-menus. If the user finds that he needs to access that parameter quite a bit, he can assign it from the mode2 to mode1.

I’m guessing, since I’m not a programmer, that the main system will automatically create all the menus.
It will be a real pain for accessing all the time but if a computer is not available it’s nice to know that it’s possible from the hardware.

What do you think?

Bump…

Any ideas on this?
Is this a possibility?

@Skydiver I’d say it’s definitely possible but I think the utility of such feature is very very limited. On pedalboards with 4+ plugins it’s not really practical to navigate through all parameters that way.

I have the feeling if we do that we will either be covering a rare corner case or we will provide a feature that is inherently broken. We can definitely do better than that.

I perfectly understand your frustration and we already have plans to mitigate this issue by having mobile apps that will do what you said for example. So from your phone or tablet you can quickly/easily achieve the same result.

I’m all ears to opinion of others on this matter though. Maybe I can be proven wrong (for once :D).

1 Like

I agree with Acunha: This does not seem like something one could get right. The number of pixels and controllers is very limited; it would not be of much use. The only thing I could imagine would be a totally different UI concept (e.g. like the Boss GT-100) with much more restrictions than the web-based GUI.

I know it wouldn’t be the same as the web based GUI. Probably just menus and sub menus.

But I guess if a phone app is available then it will be enough since we all have them…
Would there be an option to plug direct into the DUO with a phone so that we don’t need the bluetooth dongle?

1 Like

We’ve made some tests with the iPhone tethering via USB but that is not exactly simple to do without messing up the network configurations.

1 Like