Aether Reverb (cloudseed)

I just built it using the .mk file provided by the dev and pushed it to my Dwarf. Sounds really, really good. With controls in the default positions, it has a spring reverb feel to it.

2 Likes

Would be difficult to push this plugin into the beta store? I tried several times to use the docker and etc but for some reason I’ve never got any results

I’ll have to figure out a few things.

1. get permission from the author
  2. see if I can reduce CPU usage
  3. it’ll need a UI
  4. figure out how to push to the beta store

no promises, but I’ll see what’s involved.

Update: I contacted the author on @spunktsch 's link above. Let’s see what they say.

2 Likes

it has an MIT License - that is good to go.

the delay lines effect the performance (and sound) the most. I think this has to be limited (codebased or via interface)

I’ll started that back in feb but didt’t go further while waiting for the guidlines - but it should’nt be far from the original.

Plugin Publish Process - MOD Wiki but i think @falkTX can comment if this is still up to date.

2 Likes

Ha! Thanks for those bits. You just saved me some searching about. In the meantime, I rebuilt the plugin with the “release” option that indicated some optimizations, but that appears to use slightly more CPU than the default, which I assume is in “debug”, or it could just be the vagaries of other processes being in play at different times.

I’ll check it out!

Thanks again, @spunktsch !

2 Likes

Recorded a quick sample of the Aether Reverb

@falkTX here is the .mk file

6 Likes

some good news: I added Aether to another pedalboard that was already at ~53% CPU and adding Aether only bumped it up to ~63%. Not bad at all!

4 Likes

Sounds promising :slight_smile:

2 Likes

how many delay lines did you use?

1 Like

If I’m reading it correctly, 3. I just left everything at the defaults. I will say that making a UI for this will be a challenge.

1 Like

if we stay away from the foot pedal style the original gui would’nt be hard to implement - minus the graphical eq.

9 Likes

Agreed.

So, I fiddled around with Aether a bit this morning and I was able to get what I think is a decent spring reverb sound. I’ve recorded 2 clips, one using Aether and one using one of the spring settings on the EHX Oceans 12.

Not bad at all. This is with late delay lines turned down to 1, so CPU usage isn’t bad at all. This pedalboard has 1 distortion pedal (bypassed), the Supersonic amp and the Match Chief cab sim, and the LV2 record plugin.

I haven’t figured out how to get the “drip” out of Aether yet. It may be able to do it, I just haven’t figured out the right incantation with the settings.

9 Likes

the plugin has been pushed to beta by the way.

no gui yet

9 Likes

Thanks! @spunktsch has invited the author to the forums. I’m hoping we can get some of the UI-talented folks to help out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If you happen to know, please tell me his username so I manually raise his trust levels

1 Like

Hello! I’m the dev for Aether, and as @malfunction54 said, I’d love to have people help out with creating and testing the UI. I don’t know where the best place to reach me would be, but email, Github and this forum should all be good, and I’ll also be checking this thread.

17 Likes

Hello @Dougal-s, it’s really nice to have you here and please feel free to reach out if you need anything from MOD side.
I will personally try to find some time this weekend to try Aether. I’m actually quite curious on it :slight_smile:
Meanwhile, I also raised manually your trust levels here so you should be able to interact freely.

4 Likes

can’t wait to try it out!

3 Likes

I 've checket Aether - really powerfull reverb machine. Maybe somebody could make some presets and share a pedalboard? :slight_smile: It is too complicated for me. And yes, it can change MOD X into bitcrusher if too many knobs has been touched :wink:

4 Likes