Aether Reverb (cloudseed)

Agreed.

So, I fiddled around with Aether a bit this morning and I was able to get what I think is a decent spring reverb sound. I’ve recorded 2 clips, one using Aether and one using one of the spring settings on the EHX Oceans 12.

Not bad at all. This is with late delay lines turned down to 1, so CPU usage isn’t bad at all. This pedalboard has 1 distortion pedal (bypassed), the Supersonic amp and the Match Chief cab sim, and the LV2 record plugin.

I haven’t figured out how to get the “drip” out of Aether yet. It may be able to do it, I just haven’t figured out the right incantation with the settings.

9 Likes

the plugin has been pushed to beta by the way.

no gui yet

9 Likes

Thanks! @spunktsch has invited the author to the forums. I’m hoping we can get some of the UI-talented folks to help out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If you happen to know, please tell me his username so I manually raise his trust levels

1 Like

Hello! I’m the dev for Aether, and as @malfunction54 said, I’d love to have people help out with creating and testing the UI. I don’t know where the best place to reach me would be, but email, Github and this forum should all be good, and I’ll also be checking this thread.

17 Likes

Hello @Dougal-s, it’s really nice to have you here and please feel free to reach out if you need anything from MOD side.
I will personally try to find some time this weekend to try Aether. I’m actually quite curious on it :slight_smile:
Meanwhile, I also raised manually your trust levels here so you should be able to interact freely.

4 Likes

can’t wait to try it out!

3 Likes

I 've checket Aether - really powerfull reverb machine. Maybe somebody could make some presets and share a pedalboard? :slight_smile: It is too complicated for me. And yes, it can change MOD X into bitcrusher if too many knobs has been touched :wink:

4 Likes

i know cloudseed has some presets
maybe @Dougal-s can share some of his or implement them in some way.

Another resource is THE BEST FREE AMBIENT REVERB!!! - YouTube or 10 Of The BEST Free Plugins You Should Know for Sound Design 🎧 - YouTube
the parameter names are not exactly the same but a good starting point.

7 Likes

Is there a way to load those preset to mod?

1 Like

I’m not sure, but I doubt that we are able to literally load the presets since Aether is based on Cloudseed and NOT Cloudseed. I get your point, the presets do seem cool (at least those played in the video), maybe the best approach should be to eventually try to replicate those presets in Aether

1 Like

Would it be possible to load presets via the file manager in the future?

1 Like

If the recreation is possible, then the presets could be added as plugin presets.

It isn’t a complete solution, but at least it could be help.

2 Likes

This is an LV2 plugin, so it author adds those as LV2 presets any regular LV2 host will be able to load them including MOD.
It actually seems weird to me to have presets on their own format, rather than in the LV2 way.
But they are just json files, conversion should be pretty simple.

2 Likes

Exactly. That is what I meant.

@falkTX as far as I can understand the presets are for the Cloudseed and not Aether. Maybe that’s the reason.

2 Likes

I tested the Aether as well. It is a very cool reverb! Sounding absolutely fine.
But for me it is not usable, because of the massive DSP consumption. I checked it in a small pedalboard with only Aether and a gain pedal. The Aether consumed 58% allready. Adding more effects is nearly not possible. Aether can be used alone but then the Dwarf will be degraded to a Reverb pedal, which is too poor for this great device in my eyes.

3 Likes

Hi! Did you try setting “late delay lines” to something like 1? I found this to greatly reduce CPU usage. Also, when I added Aether to existing pedalboards, it only increased CPU usage by a few percent with LDLs set to 1, but adding it to a nearly empty or empty board hit ~30-40% CPU. Hope that helps, because I really like the sound of Aether as well.

5 Likes

Many thanks, I will try this! Did you test it on the Dwarf?

4 Likes

Oops! Yes, I did this on a Dwarf. I keep forgetting to indicate where I tested things :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes