Ahhh - MOD DUO completely frozen - not booting at all (tried all recovery options)

Really need some help here - was just getting into this (just bought a Footswitch too!) and now it’s doing nothing - actually starting to feel a little ripped off actually - love the possibilities and sounds but the problems are ongoing - can an actual MOD person get in touch as this isn’t really good enough for a £500 pedal…

Thanks guys

hey @MikeFlynnBass have you considered doing a fresh reinstallation?

check -> https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_Reinstall

Thanks Max - I’m returning the unit as it’s still in warranty - it’s literally doing nothing at all when I went through all the recovery/reboot/reinstall options yesterday - I did consider doing a fresh install via a USB stick but I was afraid I’d mess it up - I’ve only had it two months and it just seems to have frozen - the guys where I bought it from are going to get a new one or at least get it repaired - fingers crossed I get a new one and can start over…

3 Likes

Hello @MikeFlynnBass ,
I’m sorry to hear that your Duo is not working and that I did look into the forum for the past week.
Do you still have this unit so I can try to guide you with the reset process?
Please write to support@moddevices.com in case you have trouble with the store. MOD will do its best to solve the problem so you get a working Duo again!
Best regards
Jakob from MOD Devices.

Hi Jakob

Thanks for the reply - I’m pleased to say that I got a brand new unit via my warranty - so all good and now enjoying the Duo a lot - finally getting into creating some nifty new boards - so now all sorted.

I would add that my previous Duo did completely freeze and even though I did try and update to the latest OS before the freeze - I couldn’t - again it should have been very easy to do this but the GUI was glitching a bit. I also had a problem with using Chrome to edit boards etc.

The other good news is that the I updated the OS as soon as I got the unit and it’s working perfectly now - nice and fast and loafing really quickly - the only thing that’s bugging me now is I can’t minimise the pedal ‘dock’ when working on boards - any ideas how I do that?

Cheers all

Mike

2 Likes

There’s a symbol on the top right of the dock I also didn’t recognized. It changes to a pin if you click on it.

1 Like

Great thanks

Thank you for the update, @MikeFlynnBass. Good to hear your new Duo is working!
Cheers
Jakob

1 Like