All needed controls of a pedalboard on one screen for phone/tablet

Probably need someone with a dwarf or Jon to check that once you map a cc to the dwarf any changes on the dwarf can be sent back out to allow full 2 way control otherwise I guess its just using the touchosc as a standard remote and not look at the dwarf etc

1 Like

At the moment there is no feedback for parameter changes back to MIDI CC out.

1 Like

Cheers Falk - is that just on MODEP or is that a dwarf duo thing too? Add it to the list of things to do maybe as it would be a cool addition ; )

Jeje…yes it would be nice, at least at power up and pedalboard load…

It is a limitation within mod-host.

The MODEP project afaik does not anything of their own in terms of new features, things are just imported from the several MOD projects.

How exactly does this MIDI CC feedback needs to work? I am guessing sending value when modified by a source != MIDI, it never passes-through the CC event correct?
Also I wonder if this needs to be an opt-in thing or could always be enabled. If MIDI CC feedback is always on, that might create issues for a few devices, no?

2 Likes

Im guessing that it just needs the control thats mapped to send back updates via same channel , port etc. Hopefully that wouldn’t create issues as it is only the one mapped control.

I did notice my Helix Floor didnt send feedback out to TouchOSC but I never chased it up as was going to wait for my Dwarf .

Maybe I should have another look tonight and post back to see if this could be a great addition or a poison chalice.

If anybody else wants to try would be great to pool some ideas

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: