ALO: a new multi-looper with BPM sync

thanks for the feedback! I’m glad you’re getting somewhere with it :slight_smile:

fwiw in my use-case I’m running multiple ALO instances in parallel: each instance can have a different [BARS] setting, so I can make a four-bar phrase loop over two repeats of a two-bar phrase, for example.

i’ll try to figure out what could be going wrong with the reset soon

i’ll try to reproduce and report back. don’t sweat it. when you’re running multiple instances with different bar settings, it should work for me, too.

Got it to work properly. I guess you’re right, once you recorded, the bars parameter is set, even when you delete the loop. But that’s ok, you set the looper up before anyway.
To change settings i stopped the midi clock, shut off the plugin, set the bars and then started everything again.

Next thing i’ll try is to run it with ableton link. should be the same. should… :slight_smile:

One more thing i noticed: Play/Record only works when Global BPM is on, i knew that. But when i turned it off and on again the loops were gone. Is that by design? I think it won’t matter but it could be problematic when loading a new pedalboard or something like that… i’ll play around with it :slight_smile:

But when i turned it off and on again the loops were gone. Is that by design?

yes, fraid so - currently ALO only works if global BPM is running, and resets all loops on stop.

ableton live mode should work - that’s how i use it

Just had to share a bit of doodling…
Next thing is to test it with sax and set the threshhold to live-circumstances :wink:

very cool :smile: