Audio file player

Thank you, I can still wait a few days :wink:

Hi, I am still struggling with the plugin. I have now successfully got a few audio files uploaded (mp3 and wav). I get them displayed in the plugin. I have also already assigned the plugin to a button and the plugin is connected to the outputs. But how do I start playing the audio files?
Quick other question. How much memory does the Dwarf have anyway? Or is that the USB stick I have stuck in the back?

Currently the playback is in sync with the host, so just start the global playback.

Dwarf has 1Gb RAM.
The file manager does not use USB stick, the files are stored inside the unit.

RAM is not an issue, at least for this plugin.

Stupid question:-). How do i start the global playback. Havn‘t found anything about it in the wiki or the forum.

no worries.
Click the BPM in the bottom of the webgui, a small popup appears with the BPM, beats per bar and transport play/stop controls.

1 Like

Source: https://forum.moddevices.com/t/say-hello-to-the-mod-dwarf/4065/178

1 Like

That table needs an update for v1.10. DuoX knobs and buttons will be assignable to 6 parameters instead of 3 :wink:

1 Like

and dwarf as usb-midi device too, eventually other units too :wink:

4 Likes

Hello FalkTX,
Thank you for this plugin.
I have a question concerning the control part.
It is possible to control the start and stop function with accuator > ok. But the stop leave the file at the point where the file was stopped and restart from it.
Is it possible to add a ‘automatic rewind’ switch… better would be also to set and control A and B point to loop inside them…

I am soon adding a non-host sync mode, where activating playback will make it start from the beginning.

I am not adding fancy loop controls to this plugin, to leave the plugin be on the simple side.

A dedicated looper plugin should be the one taking such features.

2 Likes

:+1:

Hello all,
I’ve got encountered an issue with .ogg files
The song is saccaded regularly.
The .wav file works fine but I didn’t tried the other formats.
Did someone got the same bug?

can you upload an ogg file that shows this issue? PM is okay, if you cannot share the link in public.

Hello, can I give you some proposals/remarks to improve the plugin (hope that helps you)

• Keeping the file selected and the mode (track - loop - recording) when loading the pedal board (all parameters selected in fact!)
  • Possibility to link a actuator to select the file
  • The plugin does not refresh the files if you add new files with then file manager - need to reload the page.
  • Embedded volume control (I know there is already plugins for that but not embedded)
    And once again, all my thank for your fantastic job and your availability.
2 Likes

You mean to have the selected tab saved as part of pedalboard?

This is a system feature, not up to the plugin. We have other things to sort out before this becomes possible (mainly, being able to pick which items from a list to address to an actuator). Expected for v1.11,
A workaround for now is to use pedalboard snapshots or plugin presets.

Known limitation of the current system, to be handled in v1.11 as well.

Although I understand the reason, I want to say no to this (even though I would like it myself too).
But well, if others have strong opinions on this, I will reconsider.

2 Likes

Yes, the selected tab and selected file. Thus he would just need to hit an actuator to start once the pedal bord selected. Very useful for a gig!

Not sure if I totally understand the use of GUI for a gig, but all fine.
The plugin does not even need to save anything, just switching to the relevant tab once a file is loaded.

I have now played around with the player again. Briefly about my setup: My idea for using it is to put backing tracks in there that I can then play along to. So at the moment I have built a pedalboard where I put the player on knob 2 and the global player on knob 1. With snapshot 1 and 2 I have selected audio file A and in snapshot 3 audio file B.

I have the following questions, respectively suggestions if the questions are answered with no.

1. is it possible to put the start/stop of the global player on one of the middle buttons (not the rotary and not the foot buttons)?

2. the audiofile is always played at the point where the snapshot was left with the file. Is there a possibility that the file is played from the beginning when it is called again? Important: At the moment the file continues to play when you change the snapshot, but the same file is active. This should remain in any case, otherwise it becomes virtually impossible to use the player as a backing track. Maybe you could implement a back to start button.

1. Since I am mainly in navigation mode to switch between the snapshot back and forth I would be interested in whether there is also in navigation mode a way to turn the global player on and off.

Yes, with v1.10 onward you can have toggle-style parameters on everything :slight_smile:

As I said, I will be adding a mode for this soon. But one way you can have this working already is to quickly stop and start transport again, which will make it start from the beginning.
Note that plugins cannot change host transport state, so when plugins are used in host-sync mode (which is always-on for audiofile, for now), it has no way to stop and rewind or anything, it just follows global tempo/transport state.

Not sure if I fully understand, but playback start/stop is on the device menus. Easy to get there and a single click changes transport play/pause.

Quick star/stop is a good tip. Great.

So you mentioned, that the playback start/stop is on the device menues. But where? I’ve searched a lot an didn’t find it anywhere, not even in the setting. Can you give me a hint where to search on my dwarf?

1 Like