Audio File plug-in not re-triggering audio

I’m looking for deeper information on the Audio File Plugin

I want to have long passages of spoken word, and other ambient elements, which I can trigger with a button as needed.

This plug-in seems to work, but after playing 20 seconds or so, you can’t retrigger it if needed. In the first few seconds of playback, hitting an assigned button will clearly retrigger playback, but after some time, this just doesn’t work, or will play back after a very long silence.

Is this expected? Or is there some set up I need to know about?

Depends on the unit you use and the file format. encoded files with a non-48kHz sample rate take more processing to simply play back. This is specially noticeable on a Duo.
Convert those files to 48kHz wav files, and playback should be instant. it will save on the background cpu usage too.

1 Like

This is great info, thanks for this.

I almost always use 44.1kHz files.
I will give it another go!

S.

I just loaded some 48k files, and they don’t play at all.

In that bottom section where it says “no file loaded” - should that message go away?
I’ve selected different files, and refreshed the browser, but that message is always there.

48k Aif’s didn’t work for me, but 48K Wavs did, so I will use those.

S.

can you send me one of those aif files? I can then investigate the issue why they dont work. thanks

What is the best way to do that - can I email them to you? I can’t add a zip to this forum.

I will PM you with a link where you can upload stuff.

I’m just getting around to re-testing the features of the audio player.

I can’t see a way to assign a knob to the list which selects the audio files - is this not possible?
I can create presets, but not limit which files are in each preset, so all files on my DUO are always visible.

Ideally we should be able to set up different lists for a few players, then be able to select files from those lists and play the file. A preset per player would allow a list per player.

If selecting files via knob is not possible, then I’m unsure how this is intended to work. Do you just select one file per player, and it’s a single sample per instance?

2 Likes

If you could save whatever audio file is selected, as a preset, that would be a big improvement because you can select presets with a knob, but this just unselects any audio file which is selected, it does not re-select a new audio file, even if you saved the preset with an audio file selected. That seems like a bug because I can’t imagine what a preset would be for this plug-in.

That is a bug indeed.
Presets should load a previously saved file, assuming it still exists.
I was certain this part was working… Will need to check again.

Regarding addressing the file list, this is a known limitation.
It requires some behind-the-scene-things to be done first, which are needed/used for picking individual presets too.
We have this on the roadmap for later this year.

4 Likes

It turns out there is no bug with this plug-in. I have been doing more testing.

There may be some other bug, related to using ‘reconnect’ in the browser.

I leave my gear turned on for days at a time when working on something, and so there are times when the MOD disconnects from the Browser (I use chrome on a mac). When I use the ‘reconnect’ button, for the most part, everything is fine, but there are small things here and there which do not work. I’m only realizing this now. Midi sync stuff, and the operation of presets for this plug-in do not work correctly after ‘reconnecting’. But if I reboot my Mod Duo, then these things do work.

I always chose ‘reconnect’ instead of rebooting, because I wasn’t sure if my last edits were saved and didn’t want to lose the previous nights work. Now I save more regularly so this is not an issue.

But yeah, after the Mod gets disconnected, the only solution is a reboot - for me anyway!

1 Like