Blackstar midi pedal control

hi Kim, thanks for your answer.
You are right, I wasn’t so clear and you are right I also think that the problem is the midi controller.
I set the custom mode to send momentary control change in order to control a foot organ ( it was actually the reason for my choice, 6+1 switch give me enough freedom for harmony) .
I would like to have a quick way to switch my blackstar, for effect control in “toggle mode”.
The problem is that I can’t change this from momentary to toggle without connecting the foot controller to a laptop, thing that I would avoid. The only thing I can do physically on my blackstar is to switch from custom mode to patch mode but in patch mode it only send program change signals. I saw in the wiki it could be used to switch pedalboard or screenshot on the dwarf but in this moment I have other purpose (I have a dwarf from a month, I haven’t lots of pedalboard and my screenshot is not so well organized) .
So I’m asking if someone knows some workaround ( maybe some midi utility-cv controller) to switch a signal to momentary to toggle, or to take a program change message and change it to control change.
Hope to be more clear.

2 Likes

I use blackstar controller - it can’t process sysex changes from my knowledge, hence button type would have to be intercepted using pc/cc on dwarf and changed based on slider - I don’t know enough about midi to know if that is possible.

2 Likes