Bluetooth issue

Weird indeed.
I’m not sure if this could be possible, but maybe somehow you or something flagged that connection name (the one from the MOD DuoX) to never allow access to the internet on that tablet.
Actually! That gave me one idea that you can quickly try out.
What happens if you change the name of the Bluetooth device for the MOD DuoX?
You can do it on the settings of the WebGUI (access it via USB cable for the test). Check here how.

This may be a bit silly because if the system is secure, even in that case it would save the address of the device and not the name. Yet, at this point, more than that, just when the device is in our side.

Good idea. I’ll try that.

1 Like

Hi @jon.
I tried to change the bluetooth name of the Mod Duo X but it changes nothing.

1 Like

ok. Actually if that was different I would be worried with the security of the Android system.

1 Like

Hello @Julien,

It annoyed me, too that suggestions didn’t work with your android devices and DuoX, but could you resolve the bluetooth issues?

I am glad you enjoy your Mod dwarf, though!

I pulled your question over to the
Using Mod Devices → Setup Questions category.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

2 Likes

Hi.
My Mod duo x is actually being repared. Apparently Mod team couldn’t find the solution. They are investigating. Perhaps a driver issue.
I 'll have wait until August…

3 Likes

Hi, so the Asus Bluetooth 5.0 dongle works fine with iPadOS and with iOs. It also works on my 2011 macbook pro with an additional dongle for the macbook providing Bluetooth LE. However, it does not work on a 2021 macbook pro M1. So the dongle should work on the MOD, either X or Dwarf, but depending on the receiver, connection cannot always be established

4 Likes

This is caused by Apple side. I believe that it was something with an update from about a year ago an they still didn’t fix it.

2 Likes