Bowed String/volume swell effect

Wouldn’t this require knowing in advance what the chord would be, and it would only work for one chord, or at least chords with similar voicings? I think I’m looking for a similar ability to stack notes into chords with sustain, and for me it wouldn’t be very useful unless it worked for any type of chord voicing, where there is no limitation on how high or low each voice can be.

ok I’ve played with this for longer than I should have. It was a good exercize because now I see that the gx slowgear is a bit different than what the pog2 (I think) is doing.

The slowgear has a threshold and fades either in or out if the signal is above or below the threshold respectively. My best attempt is shared as the fakebass pedalboard. The pog2 I think just works dynamically so any rise in signal amplitude will make it lower the gain and slowly rase it back up, kind of an adaptive compressor thing. I’ll think some more about it but I can see now that you’ll never get the 2nd sample shared with the slowgear, and the 1st sample only if you play very cleanly and carefully.

2 Likes

Honestly, that helps me feel a bit better. Like I wasn’t missing an obvious solution. Pog2 gets to stay on the pedalboard! (For now)

Btw, the ‘Enveloper’ plugin for logic can achieve the same thing, if you set the gain for attack to be -100%, then changing around the attack time.

This runs on my 2015 macbook pro fine in real time, so it’s most likely doable on the mod duo x as well.

Maybe this can help with someone to create an effect like this? I have always really wanted to get this sound, similar Kurt Rosenwinkel’s sound, but I’ve always been disappointed that you couldn’t do this on the mod duo x. :frowning:

I saved this on the request list.
Let’s see if we can discuss new plugins soon and put some thought on your request.