Brummer - FatFrog

Hey Kim!

No, my wife is the artist, I draw slightly worse than a chimpanzee that sustained a massive head injury.

I started playing music so I could hang out with my wife while she painted on the wwekends

5 Likes

everything is dumb until itā€™s not!

4 Likes

haha prove of concept successfully achieved.
I love the ā€œhonestyā€ through all the video :grin:

1 Like

Haha Iā€™m largely unfiltered as a person and am pretty raw. What you see is what you get haha, itā€™s a harder life spending your time trying to memorize lies than to be honest and genuine :slight_smile:

Itā€™s awesome to see the sound design capability of the MOD units.

I forgot to upload the pedalboard, but Iā€™ll do that today at some point and edit the original post

2 Likes

@brummer Once again, my respect for the fat frog! Itā€™s a fantastic plug-in! I love it and use it extensively. It really makes fun!

5 Likes

I uploaded my pedalboad to test the FatFrog.

I do need to apply an EQ and tweak in order to keep it tight and get some mud out.
That doesnā€™t kill the fun though; Further tweaking with some spectrum splitters etc might get me to something tighter.

Sample:

4 Likes

Sounding pretty cool @LievenDV :wink: well done as well @brummer (shame on me, but I couldnā€™t even do a minimum test on the Fat Frog yet)
@LievenDV next time had a small sample on the pedalboard share itself :wink:

1 Like

Very nice, thanks for posting, enjoy very much the sample on SoundCloud. :metal:

May I suggest you to try out the ENG 212 cab sim

In particular the SM57 OnAxis Fredman. Iā€™m pretty sure sure will remove the need to use a EQ. At least that is what I use most time with the FatFrog.
Also, but that is just my taste, I like it way more with reduced level on the MetalZone, but with more distortion, and therefore switch on the NoiseFilter in FatFrog.

3 Likes

Coincidence,

From another source I use the angled sm58 on the Friedman in my regular setup.

I didnā€™t want to use it here as it isnā€™t part of the regular loadout and I was not sure how it was going to behave. (Wondering, does that happen when you do that or does it get included in the package?)

Ha :smiley:
The SM57 OnAxis Fredman IR is part of the ENG 212 package. Love it a lot.

1 Like

Great minds (s)t(h)ink alike :smiley:

thanks @LievenDV. I switched out a few things but the EQ is a good point.
Still not 100% but it works in a mix.

1 Like

@spunktsch My recommendation for an additional Plugin. I use this with the Fat Frog. I like the possibility to listen to specific freqeuncy ranges while turning the knobs. It is one of my favourite plugins, although it is still in beta.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip;
I have limited experience when it comes to multiband compression but I suppose this can help tightening it up in the right places? A CrunchCorset if you like? :smiley: Damn that would have been a better name :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Really liking this. I like to run a modern metal tone with something more overdriven vintage sounding, in parallel, so I have this and the Titan amps running together and it is giving me the tone I had in my head and was struggling to achieve. Much kudos and thanks!

7 Likes

@BaconWizard
Thanks for feedback. good to know that the Frog is useful. :metal:

6 Likes