Cabinet Emulation (Impulse Responses) plugin on roadmap?

Hi,

I have found a couple of posts from two years back talking about an impulse response loader was in the roadmap at the time.

I’m exploring all the possibilities and certainly that feature would be a game changer for me.

Has anyone succeeded in loading an impulse response loader plugin?

5 Likes

That’s definitely something in our roadmap that we will tackle at some point. There are however still a few hurdles to get over.

4 Likes

All I can say is I have and stay tuned :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh, don’t play with my hopes like that :smile:

1 Like

Any movement on this? i.e. have any of the intermediate hurdles been passed, or is the Duo X sucking up everyone’s time right now?

I would like to see a cab IR loader as well as an reverb IR loader. Such plugIns would increase the use cases of the Mod Duo family even more.

2 Likes

currently the weakest link in my chain is the IR emulator on mod duo. this will be an incredible improvement on the sound

4 Likes

I’m also looking for the ability to upload my own impulse responses. It’s actually big for me. I use IR’s on my headrush all the time, and would love to do the same on a MOD. I haven’t been able to pick a MOD to buy and was going to grab a DUO as they are cheap for about 1 more day, but hate to buy it and wish I got the DUOX for more power… decisions…

We are going to add the IR loader in the next releases.

It is part of the Dwarf development scope, but the feature will be rolled out for the entire platform ( Duo, Dwarf and Duo X).

5 Likes

Awesome news!!! And the DUO should have more than enough horsepower to run the responses along with a robust effects chain?

I see a few DUOs left on reverb. As you guys still shipping in all of this?

It will depend a bit on the actual IR files. The IR loader CPU requirements grow a lot as the IR files get longer.

Using standard sized IR files, like we are doing with the Forward Audio files to test them, it is really ok.

I’ve been using, for example:

Distortion + Onyx Amp + GxCream Machine Power Amp + IR based cabinet + reverb.

And that has been working like a charm in the Duo.

I’ll post something this week.

And yes, we’re shipping the Reverb.com units. It might take some days due to the logistics around COVID, but we are shipping.

3 Likes

That’s so exciting! Congrats @gianfranco on the great work, and also on the Dwarf campaign reaching all its stretch goals!! :muscle:

1 Like

And yet again…Gianfranco…you are the man.order placed… Now I need those arduino shields to get back in stock…my shop needs a project…

Thanks
Steve

1 Like

We have arduino shields :wink:

1 Like