Can´t save, rename nor delete preset from the user preset list

Hello @rogeriocouto Rogerio,

maybe you can edit your first post regarding your Mod Duo NAND model…

Nevertheless, I think people who experience the same issues will find this thread.

EDIT:
I see I still have the 3.4.104-rt139-modduo kernel
I will upgrade to the 5.4.38-rt21-modduo kernel version.

@falkTX and @jon ,
can you reproduce this on your side? Is it a browser or memory problem?
Do you need extra information for a solution?
Does the newer kernel include a fix @rogeriocouto and I found?

Thanks for your time.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

3 Likes

Hello @mj_prod

My MOD Duo with this bug has the kernel release: 5.10.33-rt37-modduo.

1 Like

Hello @rogeriocouto Rogerio,

What shall I say?
I’m stuck with re-installing the new kernel firmware.
Another case for @jon to help…service enhancement request sent…

As soon I know exactly what has to be done, at least for my case,
I’ll post another topic with the solution.

1 Like

Sorry that we didn’t come back to you yet.
I can’t really reproduce the issue on my side. But I also don’t have a nand Duo with me so I’m checking who has one and can try this. We are not ignoring you guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi @mj_prod and @rogeriocouto!

i’m seeing the same issue (with a bunch of different plugins - all that i tested showed this behaviour).

i’m also on a NAND Duo.

system: 1.12.0.2910-RC2
kernel: 5.17.12-rt17-modduo
host: macOS BigSur 11.6.3, running Chrome or Safari (happens in regular and incognito modes in both browsers)

cheers!
.pltk.

5 Likes

Hey @plutek

I don´t know if I´m being inappropriate but I´m glad that you joined us! :laughing:

Cheers

4 Likes

hey @rogeriocouto … i’m totally delighted to be with you guys in the group of “MOD pioneers”, still running a NAND Duo with all it’s fun little quirks! :wink:

4 Likes

I don´t consider myself a pioneer but more like an early adopter.
Pioneers are the ones that had theirs hands on the MOD Quadra!!! :sunglasses:

https://portalmod.com/

6 Likes

@rogeriocouto Rogerio and @plutek,

these were the days I wanted a Mod Quadra, too but unfortunately had not enough money.

2 Likes

I can confirm the issue.
Very weird, specially since refreshing the web gui makes the presets have the correct value… refreshing the web gui does not in any way change the presets (or better said, shouldnt).

6 Likes

it just occurs to me: when the plugin is showing the incorrect values in the GUI after saving an edited preset (i.e. when the parameters panel is re-opened after saving, but without a bowser refresh), is the plugin actually operating with the displayed parameters, or with the new saved ones? …to put it another way: is this actually a problem with the plugin state, or is it only the GUI display which is wrong?

sorry, i’m not in a location where i can test that right now.

3 Likes

Hi @plutek

Tested with mono gain plugin.
1 - created a 1db boost user preset
The preset is created and goes to the end of the preset list.
Everything works fine.
2 - Exit the setting window, refresh browser GUI and reenter the settings window.
The 1db boost just created is now on top of the preset list and works as expected.
3 - Altered the preset to -40db and saved.
It seems ok (no sound) but if I change to another preset and come back to the one I just altered the setting goes back to the 1 db boost.
To commit to the wanted preset alterations I need to exit the settings window and refresh the browser GUI.
To actually hear the alterations I need to go back into the settings and select the recently altered preset.

This is a nightmare! It consumes loads of time.
Imagine editing a simple EQ plugin like TAP Equalizer wich the settings window is already uber confusing.

5 Likes

hey @rogeriocouto … thanks a lot for that clear testing! :+1:

1 Like

Yeah. I imagine.
This is clearly a bug and we are trying to understand what is happening there.
As it is happening with a particular type of device, it makes it a bit harder to understand exactly what went wrong - since this is obviously not the workflow that you should be having.
As @falkTX wrote before, nothing in the system should be (supposedly) triggering such behavior…but unfortunately it is.
We will do our best to get it fixed asap.

4 Likes

Good news, I have verified the issue to be a general one and not only present on Duo nand units. The nand part has nothing to do with it, just coincidence.
Even better there is a fix now, we will have it as part of 1.12-RC3 for testing very soon.

9 Likes

Great news.
TKS @falkTX

2 Likes