Cannot connect via Bluetooh for only Mac, but can using iphone or iPad

For some reason, I can’t connect to the Mod Duo X web interface when I connect via bluetooth, when on a mac.

From this forum post, Suggested bluetooth dongle - #9 by Fish

I got the TP-link UB400, Amazon.fr, which seems to be working fine when I use my iPhone or iPad.

But for some reason, I can’t connect to the Mod Duo X. Using terminal, I tried pinging the IP address, I get timeout:

(base) sunwookim@Suns-MacBook-Pro ~ % ping 192.168.50.1 
PING 192.168.50.1 (192.168.50.1): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
Request timeout for icmp_seq 4
Request timeout for icmp_seq 5

Maybe this is relevant, but my device is an M1 Max Macbook Pro 16’, maybe it has to do with the new ARM architecture?? I doubt it, since it’s working fine on my iOS devices, which are also ARM based.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Thanks.

1 Like

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone have an idea why?

I just snagged an M1 pro MacBook 14, let me see if I have issues with my MDX and Bluetooth today.

Like you, I have never had an issue with connecting my iPad, but I haven’t tried with Mac OS.

Waiting for internet technician to arrive to install my new service, and after that I’ll give it a test and report back.

3 Likes

I can confirm no connection to my Mac.

Bluetooth does indeed connect, but cannot access the gui. I am using the exact same stuff I have been using with my iPad without incident.

Not sure what is up.

Edit:

I’m gonna be without internet for a time. New service provider has to run fiber optics to my house and there is some bureaucracy to cut through before I will have new service running.

Fiber is at least a third of the cost of what I was paying Comcast lmao

2 Likes

@semmo and @Elk_wrath I found this issue a while back (also not working on my MacBook, but all fine on my iPhone). First I obviously thought that the issue was on our (MOD) side. Then I did a small research and apparently this is on Apple side.
Back in November with the new OS (or some smaller update for it) they broke a thing on this Bluetooth pairings for network devices (like the MOD Devices, you can also have printers, etc. using this methods…sorry that I can’t remember exactly what they call it). They admitted the bug I guess back in December, but since then they didn’t fix it either answer when they will do.

2 Likes

Good to know, hopefully that will get addressed in the next MacOS release.

Still have my iPad that connects so I’m not too worried about it.

Thanks João!

2 Likes

Honestly I hope sooner…
My MacBook did an update yesterday or so and I was even thinking if it finally fixed it (shame on me that I didn’t read the change log). I still didn’t try it

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.

Just so that I know the problem better, do you mind sending a reference for what’s causing the problem? Maybe an apple issues forum page or something like that.

2 Likes

I can’t remember all that I found, but I remember that in one post I found an official Apple answer, anyway…MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey Bluetooth is… | Apple Developer Forums

2 Likes