Chow - Centaur

Hello @falkTX Filipe,

thank you for making this plugin available, I use it with the mda ePiano.

Quick question here: Can we get a dry signal gain knob or dry/wet blend?

Thank you for the good work and God bless, Marius

2 Likes

couldā€™nt you just use an x-fade with the dry signal for that?

5 Likes

I like it too and agree with @James. Smaller would look better

3 Likes

Remember that you donā€™t need to ā€œturnā€ knobs as you can slide them

I think that takes away from the recognisabilty a bit. If the diameter of the botton light ring is that same as the knobs then that should work as it keeps touch areas to a consistent size.

This might make it harder to move the plugin as you need some empty areas for ā€œgrabbingā€ the plugin to move it

3 Likes

pusehd a small update to github. The footswitch needs work.

the brandname is the only place the plugin can be moved. I havenā€™t figured why the drag handle is ignored - probably a z-index and grid issue.

9 Likes

The round knob definitely increases recognizability. For superficial aesthetic preferences, I like the rectangular button better nonetheless.

6 Likes

I think I found a small bug - when in Neural, increasing gain works quite linear till 80, then it jumps - the level is much higher when you cross 80. I use it on MODX.

4 Likes

Coming back to thisā€¦
Thanks to @spunktsch for the initial modgui, just pushed an update to use it after some tweaks

The modgui code uses quite some new CSS3 things, which is not compatible with some browsers.
I will ā€œdowngradeā€ the style there to be more compatible before pushing the plugin to stable.

It now runs as mono by the way.

13 Likes

A little updateā€¦
as done for OJD, this plugin now also has its internal bypass as the LV2 bypass.

And made it always mono, removing the mono switch in the advanced settings.
We are going to push it to stable soon.

7 Likes

It has now been moved to stable! :tada:

8 Likes

Hi,
The UI has alignment issues in my browser (Manjaro Plasma, Firefox 110).

2 Likes

I was afraid that might happenā€¦ @spunktsch one big reason to revert to old ways of CSS for now right here

I am on Firefox 109, in theory it would work the same but obviously it does notā€¦
We will push a fix soon

2 Likes

@funkypou Iā€™m curious, do you have your browser zoom set to something other than 100%?

2 Likes

@danmh ,
My question exactly. The font size seems to be blown up.

1 Like

seems like it, for the simple layouts its not really a problem. But might be nice to know the issue here.

the zoom doesnā€™t effect the plugins

Damn, you nailed it. I use my computer from my sofa so I have the zoom set to 120% in the preferences. Sorry, I totally forgot.
However, the issue doesnā€™t appear in other plugins.

Edit : actually, if I zoom more, some other plugins have the same kind of issue, like text being too big for the background. Not a big deal to me so thereā€™s no urge to modify the UI.

4 Likes

Nice, glad we were able to find the cause

2 Likes

Has this been fixed?

Damn, how did I miss this thread? :open_mouth:
Second thing to test tomorrow :smiley:

3 Likes

Since you missed this, I wonder if you are aware of the ODJ.

If you are not, then there is a third thing you should definitely test tomorrow :slight_smile:

6 Likes