Clean board for acoustic guitar - MOD Devices

Bulevardi

A clean board to record acoustic guitars naturally. I never was able to record properly with my acoustic guitar before. I always had noise or needed a more expensive condenser microphone. With the mod duo I can now do so. Settings: input stage high, fine: 0, outpu: 0. Guitar: Lag Occitania, the internal mic was put at 3. Always feedback welcome to get the tone a bit more warm/rich/saturated, bright, volume balanced ... Anyone can help to make a better board out of this?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://pedalboards.moddevices.com//pedalboards/5bffbb742564d433e8ba2582

Adding a high pass filter to take out any woof or low-frequency rumble. I do it for all my tracks that don’t have any useful low-frequency information.

If you are playing live, I just found out about a beta plugin called Input Module and it has a Phase switch on it. Sometimes swapping the phase fixes it.
Other times you may need to notch out the offending frequency. The x42 parametric eq is very good at this. I almost wish they had a single band version so it doesn’t take so much space on the board… good thing it’s virtual.

1 Like