Brummer - CollisionDrive

Hey there, the CollisionDrive Pedal is now available in the OFFICIAL STORE. Again with some help from @jesse and @falkTX I could manage to refine the last missing bits to make it fit the requirements of the MOD store.

enjoy your MOD

25 Likes

@brummer Congrats! It is really a fine pedal and it is my favourite Drive!

6 Likes

Great job @brummer! Now I want to buy melmatcheq ported to Dwarf :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

:sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: Congratulations! :smiley: :slight_smile: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles:

3 Likes

Thank you guys, I hope you enjoy your MOD as I do.

7 Likes

Well, I’ve two other plugs I like to do before, but your request is noted, and be the next on my list. :love_you_gesture:

10 Likes

Collision is indeed really good drive, finally I got a sound on my mod better than via analog drives. It makes my 8 sting strat sounds really even from Fis to e - thanks!

5 Likes

Thank you @brummer for the great work, I love CollisionDrive!
Is there an lv2 version for Linux too?

5 Likes

Just build the source?

Works for me™

4 Likes

yes! I just found the source code and built together with the others cool plugins!

5 Likes

@buscon I’m glad you like them.
In case anyone want just the CollisionDrive for linux, the source code is here:

There are as well a prebuild binary package for linux available.

7 Likes

Hey @brummer

I took one of my analogue drives from my board!
What a nice drive the CollisionDrive is.

I would like to make a request though…
Would it be possible to have a fine tuning on the attack parameter?
I think that for me the sweet spot could be somewhere between 2 and 3.
Right now I’m using in 3 but I feel that it mutes to much of the pick attack.

Great, great, great plugin!
Thanks

5 Likes

The original is a 6 way switch so you can’t have 2.5. I’m guessing Brummer modelled it to be like the original . Maybe a collision drive plus where the switch is a knob instead is required - and stereo in and out ; )

3 Likes

Hey @rogeriocouto

Nice to hear that the CollisionDrive is useful.
Indeed it is modelled to cover the Hardware pedant, there the Attack is a rotary switch.
In the software simulation I could easily implement a trim parameter to allow fine-tune the Attack to the values between the switch stages.
Unfortunately my experience with feature additions for Plugins in the Official MOD store says me that even if I do it, it will properly never reach the store. The MOD team is very restriktive on that.

1 Like

Hello @brummer Hermann,

is backwards compatibility the issue here or are there other reasons for that?
Remodeling the plugin because of a new pull request with new features?
Would it be possible to build a CollisionDrivePlus?

Greetings and God bless, Marius

3 Likes

Hi @mj_prod Marius
For adding features to a plugin in the official store the MOD team request a internal test by themself to avoid any newly introduced Bugs. That is the bottleneck, as those will take much time which currently is spend otherwise. Adding a trim parameter wouldn’t introduce any backwards compatibility issues when done carefully.

Here is my last try to introduce a new feature to a plug in the official store:

6 Likes

That’s sad to hear especially as your plug seems to be a lot of people favourites and its free!!!

4 Likes

Hi Brummer

Thanks for answering.
That’s really sad to hear. Maybe we could reach the MOD team and insist with them to push your stuff more quickly since you have made a Lot of contributions.

I visited your repositores and saw a BluesBreaker there!!! :star_struck:

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Nice!
I’m really curious about about the process on how you model the pedals and equipments.
I have a nice Samsui reverb from the 80’s that I would like to model.
Probably is best just to make an Impulse response but I have no clue yet on how to do it.

4 Likes