Connecting 3 MOD Devices, (Duo, DuoX, Dwarf) to a computer at the same time

Hi, Thinking ahead to a potential bottle neck with the inevitable launch of the Dwarf, are there any plans to increase the number of IP Addresses available so we can connect more devices via bluetooth or USB cable without manually changing them on the devices?

This is a technical issue more than anything.
Even when manually changing the IP address inside the unit (so it uses something like 192.168.53.1), we were still not able to make 2 devices work at the same time in the same PC :frowning:

I know more of networking than last I tried around 3 years ago, but still, it involves DNS which is quite tricky.
But we will try again soon.

3 Likes

Haha, if you have an open position for a remote Linux network engineer, hit me up :wink: This looks like a solveable problem.

2 Likes

I am not sure about what the solution will be, but I believe it is going to involve ZeroConf (well, the problem is with Windows PC then…)

Sure this is something to work on, I have for the studio a Duo and a Duo X and I had to set one of them in Bluetooth, so the poor connection speed makes a pain to work with. I’ve seen some workarounds with a Wifi router, but I think something easier should be able to be done…

Hey @danielrm, version 1.10 of the firmware will bring some improvements to the Wifi connectivity method (using a WiFi USB dongle). Yet, it will require some setup work. We are testing it with quite good results, I can tell you. We are also preparing a wiki tutorial explaining how to get it set.

4 Likes

Great Jon, I’ll try it as soon as you have it! :metal:

Anyway the best scenario would be to be able to have several MODs via USB without having fights among them for the IP… Even in the backoffice, to be able to move from one MOD to the others with a menu or something like that…

2 Likes

@danielrm are you on Windows or Linux?

Mac OS Catalina @cbix

I’m on OSX Catalina as well. Version 10.15.7 at the moment.