Content Exchange

Some more interactivity with the pedalboard sharing would certainly be a neat idea!
Can make every week/month a challenge to incorporate a certain set of plugins, or a patching technique.

3 Likes

@James

This one is for you. I know you wanted to see a tracker vid, so I recorded a short little thing.

Hopefully you dig it.

Thanks for watching!

7 Likes

I love this one :slight_smile: It appeared yesterday on my personal Youtube suggestions :wink:
@James we should probably turn it into the ā€œMOD Dwarf anthemā€ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ayyy!

Thanks, @jon Glad you enjoyed it, and Iā€™d be honored if you really wanted to use the track for a ā€œDwarf anthemā€

I thought this one had a fun vibe haha

Oh and I was smart this time and recorded all of my stems, I need to verify the files are saved, but if they are this track can be mixed and mastered much better than I can do it

3 Likes

great stuff. From a fellow beginner, itā€™s inspiring to hear what youā€™re doing, and imagining different ways of constructing your pedalboard to get thereā€¦

3 Likes

I appreciate that, @oeSmash

Iā€™ll be honest and say that I spend a ridiculous amount of time watching YouTube trying to figure out stuff.

I still cheat. I pick a musical key, and then I use a cheat sheet for the notes in the scale that I want to use.

The most difficult part for me is pattern building, I struggle with drums a lot. I found a good YouTube video that describes some of the most popular drum beats for certain styles of music.

I love synthwave/vaporwave and that sweet 80ā€™s vibe I get from it. That would be my ultimate goal if I was to become a recording ā€œartistā€

This last track got me pointed in the right direction for that venture.

Music theory and music in general are their own non verbal language, Iā€™m working on figuring out enough of that language to express myself.

If youā€™re new like me, there are so many awesome videos on YouTube regarding creating music that explain things in a simple manner. I wouldnā€™t be able to make something cohesive without the awesome instructors there.

If you are ever interested in recommendations just let me know!

Iā€™m always happy to help out if I have the knowledge or skill set to do so.

4 Likes

Okay round 2 of this post.

I initially deleted it because I wanted to refine it a bit first, but this is a very rough draft for an idea I have.

This track is super long, and really itā€™s just a collection of patterns I put together to isolate which patterns I want to use to build the main track, so I apologize for the length.

This time Iā€™m working on background music for videos (like podcast/informative/drone flight vids) that will have a vocal overdub.

Itā€™s a rough draft, but itā€™s something.

Hope you enjoy!

The Dwarf is running the FM sound with dexed, and Iā€™m using a midi filter ->chord generator->arpeggiator->dexed->auto panner->gain->output pedal chain for that.

Shiroverb MK.2 and Gaffa delay are adding the texture. Those 2 pedals are in every pedal board I create.

I am fighting a really bad ground loop issue, and today I have the last bit of components to help mitigate the issue arriving today.

Iā€™m gonna work on refining this track a bit, and Iā€™m unhappy with how ā€œup frontā€ the percussion is, so I will be making adjustments to the sound design and focus it a bit more, and then when I get the correct stuff installed in my set up, Iā€™ll post the finished track up here.

Fingers crossed I can get that noise issue squashed today!

Hope all is well with you all!

Update: hardware didnā€™t help with the noise issue. Back to the drawing board

4 Likes

Well I finally got the dwarf noiseless!

What a difference it has made.

Hereā€™s a little track I made today, hope you enjoy!

Also the final hum that you can hear is actually my deepmind 12. Since my noise issue is finally rectified, I was able to identify it immediately. Thatā€™s a project for tomorrow.

Hope yā€™all are well!

Iā€™m gonna add some tracks to this post because Iā€™ve hit a sharing limit.

(A sample of something Iā€™m working on for a video)

Canā€™t wait to hear what yā€™all are doing with a MOD device!

8 Likes

This is such a nice thing to come back to after my week away. These videos are super cool! Youā€™re making some really cool sounds man and I also love the visuals

Iā€™ve added them all to the Dwarf playlist. I need to listen to them all start to finish but currently have a mountain of stuff to catch up on haha

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Hey James!

Hope your vacation was relaxing!

I was on a creative kick last weekend and tried to record a few tracks to experiment around a bit with different tempos.

Iā€™m having 4 wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow morning, so youā€™ll have plenty of time to catch up before I start jamming again lol

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy:

Yet another sound demo - this time using the moddwarf with 2 delay pedals and a harmoniser - recorded direct via a mixer and a scarlet solo (usb).

Anyway enjoy - and thanks to all for the amazing moddwarf :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I love it!

Awesome lush ambient vibes.

Thanks for sharing with us!

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m still waiting on some components to arrive and Iā€™m not recording anything until I can get my secondary set up finalized.

However, in the meantime, I tried my hand at a little sound demo.

I apologize in advance, I had my cans on and left my monitors on while recording, so there are a couple of points where my editing skills failed lmao

Hope you enjoy!

7 Likes

WOW! What a guide into your ā€œDwarf worldā€! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, here is a video I made a while back and posted in a different thread. I think it might be a good addition to the youtube playlist

9 Likes

Thanks JoĆ£o!

I think Iā€™d like to continue working on some dwarf videos.

This time with less talking lol

2 Likes

Okay round 2 of a demo.

Also, I canā€™t shut up in these videos and Iā€™m sorry!

Hopefully this is a better way to present.

5 Likes

Hey guys, sorry my responses have been so infrequent here. Itā€™s so awesome to see you guys making new videos about the device

Iā€™ve added every video Iā€™ve seen to the appropriate playlist on our YouTube channel. If I missed one let me know. I want to spend some time now reposting your content onto the Product Reviews, Demos & Unboxings thread

Let me know if thereā€™s something else we can do for you to help you get some exposure

Something Iā€™ve been doing recently is adding chapters to our YouTube videos. This is a really nice feature to add to your videos because it allows people to see a description of each section on the timeline and jump back and forward to the parts they want to see. I think having chapters favours your videos in the algorithm too

If you wanna try it out, just type the time followed by a chapter name as a list somewhere in the description of the video and it will automatically detect them as chapters. Just make sure the names arenā€™t too long and that the titles are at least 10 seconds apart

Hereā€™s an example from our last video:

Chapters
00:00 Intro
00:24 Dry DI Guitar
00:49 Guitar Amp
01:40 Front end pedals
02:05 Front end problem
02:34 Effects loop
02:22 The Physical Rig Problem
03:39 Introducing the Dwarf
04:03 Front End Dwarf
04:46 Effects Loop Dwarf