Controller keyboard connected to the USB port of the Mod Duo X

@falkTX is it fixable by software on our side?

Could you tell me how I could add this info to -> https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/MIDI_Controllers_tested_by_the_community ? (which models you know do not work and how could I write an observation explaining why?). That would be great.

cheers

That wiki page seems more to report on devices known to work, not the contrary.

The device I have here is an M-Audio Keystation Mini 32.
Works on the Duo, but not on Duo X.

Testing Mod Duo X with midi controllers. So far tried Sonicwave ELZ_1, Teenage engineering OPZ and OP1. Managed to make software synth work only with OP1 so far and not always. Needs a lot of plug-out-in to make it work. using Separated mode on Mod duo X and checking OP 1. Would love to make it work on other controllers/sequences.
Has anyone able to figure out what’s the problem?

I got the same issue with my M-Audio keyboard with my own desktop PC on certain USB ports.
There was a combination of USB-2 port and cable that finally made it work, but very very odd.
M-Audio devices do not seem to like to be connected to USB-3 ports.
From my investigation, it seems an hardware issue on their side. Lots of other people seem to have other very similar issues, usually involving USB-3 ports.

The Duo X (first model) uses a USB-3 port that has its USB-2 pins exposed, thus working in USB-2 compatibility mode. This seems to cause the issue for M-Audio stuff. I was not able to find any workaround so far. There might be a kernel-side “quirk” possible for them, but the ones I have tried did not resolve the situation, sadly.

Not saying it is the case for other devices, but could be related.
It is worth trying a usb2-hub and different cables.

1 Like

Nice, thanks for the tip. USB2 hub did the trick. OPZ and OP1 work like a charm now upon every try.
Sonicware ELZ1 does not but I tried and it seems it’s the problem with the device itself, as it doesn’t work with computer DAW either.

Thank you.

2 Likes