Cooling systems, cooling fins ... for Mod duo/dwarf/duox?

Summers are getting warmer and warmer and the equipment becomes unstable at certain temperatures due to excessive heat. When performing on a stage in the middle of summer (festival) it can get even hotter.
I wanted to ask what you do to cool your mod/dwarf/duox. What is there for useful cooling systems? Can cooling fins be retrofitted? Other ideas?

Background:

2 Likes

My dwarf has just stopped working (input’s leds chere showing sound entering it but no sound going out !) after some times under the sun between soundcheck and the concert… It works perfectly well after some times off for cooling though.
I now keep it off after the soundcheck and under my amp’s cover to avoid direct sunlight !
I’ve no other idea (as it is clear that beer can help me cooling down but not sure it works for the electronic :upside_down_face:) and open for any suggestions !

3 Likes

Maybe a laptop stand with fans built in that it can sit on prior to start of gig or even attach under pedalboard space permitting

3 Likes

Yes, mine often annoyingly restarts mid-song during performances or rehersals :
Big Dwarf logo on the display, and no way to use the controls for 20-30secs…
I guess it’s because there’s not enough room in the pedalboard enclosure for the heat to dissipate fast enough…
Maybe a little desk fan oriented towards it might help ?

1 Like

The design of the devices is such that the entire case is actually a heatsink connecting to the pcb.

Any way you can dissipate the heat from the case will greatly improve the device temperature, as it should directly influence it.

3 Likes

Yes.

Cooling fins, on the underside of the device firmly mounted, would be my preference since the mod is thereby further passive cooled.
Can cooling fins be retrofitted?

1 Like