CV question for those of you with a DUOX

How do you guys use the CV I/O on the device?

I was worried about how I’d connect to my semi modular gear for CV fun.

I ended up snagging a pair of custom patch cables that converts from 6.3mm to 3.5mm

I’m fairly certain these should work great for the application I am planning.

Do standard adaptors work as well?

I try not to use adaptors as they generally are shoddy, and I’ve had bad luck with ones in the past.

You need 1/4" (6,3) stereo to 1/8" (3,5) Y cable https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Duo_X_Technical_Specs#Control_Voltage like

3 Likes

Well dang, that is bad news and good news.

Bad news is that the cables shipped, but the good news is that the DUOX has more CV options than I originally thought.

I’ll snag the Y cable when my DUOX gets ready to ship.

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Update:

Harpoon Cables are absolute champions!

Emailed them this morning to see if I could swap out the cables as my order hadn’t actually shipped, and they did so without hesitation.

The correct cables will be shipped out today!

This was a super good experience, and I’ll for sure be buying from them again.

2 Likes

Super nice - and something like that gets around! Have you ordered 2 because of input and output?

1 Like

I will definitely promote them if people ask in the future.

And yeah, I did order two sets so I have a set for the input and output, or a back up in case one gets damaged.

Not sure if I’ll be sending CV to the duox, but who knows now. I’ve got weird stuff I am working on right now, and I’m struggling with modulation which I’m hoping the DUOX will assist me with.

4 Likes

Hi, just to understand how to use two modulations from my modular vs the MODULAR DUO X. So from cv input 1 a eurorack LFO, on cvinput 2 a eurorack sequencer. Is it possible with a stereo plitter cable from modular to duox?

1 Like

Yes, just make sure that you have the input configured correctly and be aware of the input ranges:

On the Duo X Limited edition, both the CV inputs and outputs have a range from 0V to 5V.
    On the Duo X normal production edition, both the CV inputs and outputs have a range from 0V to 10V.
2 Likes