Define Footswitch as hold button

I’ve been thinking about this (and definitely still need it) and realized its really nothing to do with the plugin host, but purely a mode of the switch hardware controller. If a midi controller is toggled the host couldn’t convert that into a momentary control. Of course for convenience it would be nicest if you can configure the switch mode per pedalboard and pb preset…

I really hope this feature will be implemented at some point, it will make most of the infamous plugins more useable.

4 Likes

I was just thinking about the momentary switch. I think it would be possible to make one with the Arduino.
My thought is to use the expression pedal setup with instead of the expression pedal (AKA potentiometer) put a momentary switch. This should achieve the what we want.

BUT… it would be so much nicer to have it on the MOD-Footswitch… and I hope it gets implemented soon…

2 Likes

Hello,

I’ve recently received the mod Footswitch to complement the Mod Duo X.

I would love a momentary switch option to send out single tap note on messages in order to trigger events on external equipment.

For instance triggering external loopers in ableton and the elektron octatrack using the infamous Mindi to send a note out. I can’t quite make it work with out tapping a note on the resetting with a note off.

It would be amazing if the advanced control device options had a setting for latch or momentary.

Does anyone know of a decent workaround?

2 Likes

Wait a few more days and v1.10 will have this.
We just found some regressions so release is delayed a bit, we want to fix the issues we found before having a public release

4 Likes

Amazing!! Thank you so much for the swift response.

Pablo

1 Like