Devcurmudgeon - ALO - (multi-looper with BPM sync)

Ok. Thanks! i will try by doing that

1 Like

Hello! Thank you again for your answer!! I did not find the volume in Alo, however I put the “beats per bar” of “Mod duo x” in 1/4 in “able ton link”, and it works. I don’t know if this is the best option to take?

1 Like

Hmmm… I’m guessing you may not have the latest version… which is stereo, with an overdub mode, and volume-adjustable click.

try removing and reinstalling from the plugin store?

2 Likes

Yes! it works! thank you very much!

1 Like

Woohoo! :grinning:

@BramGiesen what’s the process for getting ALO out of Beta and into the main store please?

Hi @devcurmudgeon, we can definitely have a look at this.
As far as the process goes, it will mostly involve testing. I will send you a PM to discuss this further.

2 Likes

Hello,
I’m a fairy new Mod Duo X user (love it!) and I’d love to be able to use the ALO looper but can’t for the life of me figure out how to trigger a record. No matter the threshold value it just refuses to record for me.
What could I be doing wrong? I’d appreciate any help!

@Pablo my first guess is that you may not have global BPM running?

@devcurmudgeon Thanks for the reply - That seemed to do the trick. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi @devcurmudgeon!
I would love to use your multilooper in my Rig!
But unfortunatly I don’t use metronome.
Is there a way to use it with free tempo, so the first record would define the tempo ?
Thanks

Thanks for this looper. I have some complex pedalboards using delays as loopers, which are great when I do stuff entirely in the box, but now I want to sync with an Octatrack as a midi master.

My only feedback is that I wish the buttons were single purpose - and then I could use CV to control two parameters at once if I wanted. But for me double clicking to clear a loop is too unpredictable in a live scenario. I need to be able to use my rig efficiently after many bottles of beer!

But the sync on this is exactly what I need, and I do prefer the set up where the dry does not pass through - that is how I do things with all other loopers.

I will probably only use one loop and have multiple instances of the plug-in because I want volume control over each loop, and filters, etc. on each output. Is the CPU hit on this low enough that it doesn’t make sense having a single loop version? On my Duo X, I can never predict the CPU hit of plug-ins, it seems to vary greatly.

Actually one question. I thought Loop 6 was set to always overdub, but I can’t get that to work.

I want to be able to have my delay trails overlap back on the beat one of a bar, which the other tracks don’t do, but Loop 6 only seems to do one repeat - no tape on tape style? Is there something I’m missing?

One other question :grin:
Do you need to connect the midi cable to the plug-in to have it sync to an external midi clock?
I assume you only need to do that if you want to control the plug-in from an external midi controller.

S.

@julien - there are other loopers that do that, but currently ALO only works with midi sync

1 Like

@S_Righteous thanks for your feedback and ideas. I’m due to polish a few things in ALO soon - will try to find an alternative option for erasing loops.

For the overdub, try routing the output of ALO back into the input. It’s a bit odd, i know, but it allows you to have fx on the output feeding back through the looper.

For an external master, I was only able to get it working using Ableton sync mode. Midi clocks drift, which causes the loops to go out of time with the sync. You shouldn’t need to connect the (virtual) midi cable to the plugin, but you do need to ensure that the Duo BPM is tracking the external sync properly

1 Like

Just to confirm. Loop 6 does not automatically allow for overdubbing?
There is no overdub mode in Alo? Or am I just missing how to use it?

S.

@S_Righteous if you send the output back through the input, you can add new input will getting the existing loop, which is overdubbing. Maybe i need to rethink this :slight_smile:

Oh I see what you are saying now.
Loop 6 is just a delay. So if you send the output back in, the delay keeps looping.

The downside is that all loops will be fed back into that loop.
The other loops don’t accept new input, but their output will feedback.

Actually the most simple update that would make this more flexible is separate outputs for each loop, then you can feedback #6, and or have separate effects on each loop output.

@S_Righteous true… in the meantime you could use a separate instance for overdubbing

@devcurmudgeon
I know there are other loopers but yours is a multitrack looper, that’s what I needed.
Nevermind…