Digital IO

That’s correct

The idea is to have a completely digital signal path; input to output.

1 Like

Could a Arduino Shield add numeric IO with some (made for RaspberryPi) card like this on ?

It’ll be way easier to get USB audio interfaces working. Then you just need to plug in an interface with ADAT or AES ports.

2 Likes

Blockquote

Dear Jon, will it be possible in the future to connect a sound card to the Mod Dwarf via USB, so as to be able to increase the number of inputs and outputs?

For example with a plugin that can see the digital inputs and outputs and connect it with the effects chain. This would open up new usage possibilities for the Dwarf!

1 Like

That is something that has been discussed quite a lot. Possible it is and there are some users that even successfully implemented it, yet, there are some flaws. Check it on this thread:

I personally like this idea for the all platform. But I’m not sure if it would even be possible to be super reliable, compatible with all soundcards, etc. etc.

1 Like

Thank you Jon! I have read the thread, it sounds promising!

1 Like

Sorry guys, didn’t get if it would it be theoretically possible to connect two mods via usb/cc port adding minimum latency.

Control Chain is not for audio signals, but for Control signals :slight_smile:
Also you cannot connect two MOD units over the CC connection, only CC-devices can be linked using this.

1 Like

Thanks but I was thinking about using CC eth port to send digital audio over UDP or other realtime protocols. The idea is to distribute signal processing stuff over multiple devices when SPDIF it’s not available.

1 Like

“CC eth port” is not ethernet, it’s Control Chain. You will not get any networking done over this port.

1 Like

I’m not strictly talking about eth and networking. I mean use the cc physical connector to tx/rx audio by a dedicated protocol.

1 Like

Ah I see, but this would require to override however these pins are currently configured. I’m not sure if you can get suitable transfer rates out of this either.
But sounds like an interesting “hack” none the less.

3 Likes

I see there’s an I/O expansion arduino shield with I2C port. I’m wondering if it would be supported by CC.

1 Like

What do you mean with “supported by CC”?

The Control Chain doesn’t have any “support” for specific hardware, it’s just a protocol to transfer data over.

2 Likes

I mean, there would be some hardware limitations to access I2C port from MOD via CC port?

1 Like

That’s what your Arduino should take care of. For MOD the messages over CC have nothing to do with the peripherals that are attached to the CC client.

3 Likes

Is CC similar to RS232? RS422? RS485? I²C?
Where can I read the spec?

1 Like

I assume you’ve read this wiki page and linked arduino code already? → Control Chain - MOD Wiki

4 Likes

No, I had not yet read that page. Thank you.

3 Likes