DISTRHO - DIE Fluid Synth

Hi there!
sorry but this is not the place to ask, on MOD we always have a dedicated file manager section in the web GUI that allows easy upload of files for plugins to handle.
whatever other systems have in place it is not under our control, we do not give any kind of support for those.

1 Like

@Jon_Walters MOD canā€™t offer support for that question but perhaps there are others in this community that tackled a similar issue before?

1 Like

Hi @TheRedOne , is the guitar-midi pitch bend issue fix? This must be the most important plugin for me when my dwarf arrives :slight_smile:
Thanks!

After lot of testing, this is one of my favourites plugins. However when using a full midi song with a full midi set, the cpu is constantly hitting 100% and cracking sounds appearā€¦

What a shameā€¦ wonderful unit with not enough cpu power :sleepy:

Did you try to to change to 256 and also combing with portals plugin?

Yes, a bit of improvement, but still not capable of playing ~10 channels at the same time.

Honestly, I have no idea, I didnā€™t check lately. So far I stick to my Axon MIDI converter.

In case you need it, if you split the midi messages into two plugins and use the portal plugin, the cpu is enough to play most of the songs (see picture attached). I use one for the midi channel 10 (drums) and the other for the rest. I know I can even optimize it more splitting more channels. Nice!!!

There are some midi files still not playable (cpu 100%) but it is an improvement indeed.

1 Like

@falkTX Hi! I have just found a problem with this plugin, and maybe you can fix it or contact someone who can help me.

The problem is that we need a max polyphony setting (for each channel and/or globally). Because if you play the same notes very fast, and the instrument wave is long, the sounds start accumulating and the cpu saturates very fast.

What most synths do is play up to 6 notes at the same time, and if a new note comes while the 6s are still playing, it cuts the sound for the older one and creates the one, so the max is always 6.

It this possible? Thanks!!!

1 Like

It is already available on the original plugin, we just need to expose the value to the API. Sadly I do not have the knowledge to do it by myself (yet!)

3 Likes