Dwarf Bluetooth Uses?

Just wondered what people were using a Bluetooth Dongle for on the Dwarf, and with what software / hardware.

Managed to get a 4.0 Dongle to work and pair with my Android phone but then I realised I hadn’t thought of what I was going to do with it.

Any pointers for everyone not just me, so lets get a list going of Windows, Mac,IOS, Android etc

Cheers

Austin

Do you mean OS on the host computer?

I used to use a BT4.0 dongle with my Duo to connect to my iPad without any issues. Although, It was a bit slower than connecting to a computer via a USB cable, it was still very usable.

Last night, I took my new Dwarf for the first time to the rehersal studio with the band and used that BT4.0 dongle in the Dwarf to connect my iPad.

The connection speed was excrutiating slow. It took literally 5 minutes just to draw the pedalboard on the browser (Safari on the iPad). Accessing the pedalboard list, it never finished redrawing the pedalboards thumbnails.

The iPad was only 1 meter (3 feet) from the dongle (Dwarf on the floor, iPad on the table).

I admit that the dongle was connected to a USB hub into the Dwarf. I use a hub because I also need to have a MIDI keyboard controller connected to the Dwarf.

So, I will perform more tests this weekend but, at first glance, it seems that the Dwarf does not handle Bluetooth the same as the Duo does.

No , literally anything .

Just curious to know what people are using the Bluetooth capability for?

Thanks Simon,
Yes that was one thing I was afraid of - I actually find the GUI painfully slow for what it is on my Studio Pc too but it is what it is. I think it would be best to have your boards all set and not adjust too much - which is a shame as its rehearsal which is always the time to goof around with new kit

1 Like

With a normal dongle connected to the Dwarf currently, it’s only possible to access the WebGUI. Now, other people use stuff like Bluetooth MIDI, but for that, you will need (at least currently) another type of dongles/interfaces, like the WIDI stuff.