Dwarf - Crowdfunding Tier 3 - "? Edition"

How do gradients work with laser etching? Can it be done by varying power/speed or are halftones required?

Lowered the opacity of the hearts and added a slight bevel shadow around the edge of the chasis.

p.s. I submit these designs without ego.
May the best idea win.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there aren’t gradients with laser etching. It’s either engrave or don’t engrave

While I appreciate the effort, perhaps I need to clarify the assignment :sweat_smile: we’re only discussing the name for the device which will be engraved on the back here

The design on the top will be very subtle and non-polarising (no hearts sorry)
Please don’t worry about this or the colour. Those are already decided and we won’t make any changes as it will add to the delay

2 Likes

Not shure about the gender of a dwarf, but:
Floyd Meaning: Gray Origin: Celtic Gender: Boy

Then I could say: Hand me over the Floyd please.

We’re trying to avoid proper nouns like ‘Floyd’

No need to apologize; I was having fun playing around in Illustrator. (See without ego, above :wink:)

4 Likes

Yes, I made this just to visualize the name placement but I got a little carried away :laughing:
Next to the product logo would be cool but on the back is fine, too, I guess. :slight_smile:

Halftones. Right. That’s what I thought. :+1:

1 Like

My sense is that life would offer very few occasions on which to utter that phrase, but then I suppose that makes it all the more precious.

1 Like

There’s not much space next to the logo. You conveniently removed the peak meter LEDs in your illustrator mock up :sweat_smile: but yeah we left space on the back specifically for this

1 Like

What’s the typeface you used for the text labels on the unit? (Not the branding; I found those)

That is convenient! I’ve always found peak LEDs to be somewhat redundant, haven’t you?
Also: Whoops. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Name suggestion: The Perseverance Edition

3 Likes

“MOD Dwarf Valentines Day edition” ?! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I was thinking hearts for appreciation but valentine’s works! :joy:

1 Like

I just got the survey and want to make sure of something. The “Founders’ Edition” needs an apostrophe. I know grammar isn’t very rock and roll and I love this name, but it’ll annoy the hell out of me every time I see it if it doesn’t have one. It belongs to the founders.

7 Likes

Looking through the list on the survey, I think I’m going with the simple ‘limited edition’ as that’s what it is and it keeps it somewhat classy.
Also if you were ever to sell it or just had to explain the name version to someone curious, I’d rather say limited edition because of the colour as opposed to the story of having to wait til everyone else had received their versions, etc.

5 Likes

A man after my own grammatically-correct heart.

I wish the survey was a ranked ballot.

2 Likes

That’s my bad. I promise to make it grammatically correct. I’ll fix the survey tomorrow

4 Likes

I wanted to do that too but it turns out you can’t do that on google forms and every other survey maker had that as a premium feature

1 Like