Dwarf footswitches sending midi cc toggle

Is there an option to use the 3 dwarf footswitches to send out midi cc toggle ?

1 Like

I want to use these to control eg the bypass function of my L6 HX FX and maybe turn on/off some individual FX in the same unit

The 3 no, since the footswitch A is for pagination. But the footswitch B and C you can.
Simply activate the Virtual MIDI loopback port on the MIDI settings of the WebGUI (latest OS version on device is required), load a couple of Mindi plugins and assign them to the footswitches. I believe that this way it will work.

1 Like

Following on to this, is it possible to have switches B and C send those MIDI CC messages over USB? If so, which USB port on the Dwarf would they send from?

Yes !
Simply connect your 2 Mindi plugins to the midi output, and assign those to footswitches B and C.
You have to connect the gear you want to send midi to the USB-A or the midi-jack output.

Cool! I’m wondering if I can send MIDI from the Dwarf to the Headrush Looperboard. Both have USB A and B, but I’m not sure which to use on which. Also, will a regular cable work or do I need a USB OTG cable?

your better option might be to just use the dedicated midi ports. Just a trs-midi to din midi will work.

1 Like