Dwarf production updates wanted:)

any news about august-september shippings? Hey, some of us are still waiting :frowning:

1 Like

We plan to release an update still this week.
We are receiving, running the quality control process and shipping devices. Yet, the first delay had consequences and we still didn’t catch up all the August/September. We are “moving our hands” as fast as possible to get them in your door asap.
Hope you understand.

3 Likes

yeah I understand. I also know that You have not only backers to handle but new stores that will sell Your devices and You have send them lots of devices on the beginning. It is of course very good for the company but I somehow feel that someone squeezes into the line before me :frowning:

Indeed it’s true although at this point I can tell you that most of the devices getting out are actually for crowdfunding. So much that we actually got out of shipping boxes (not a sign of bad planning, we contact the supplier early enough, but with tens of shipments getting out each day the boxes supplier didn’t really catch up at this stage, yet the issue should be fixed soon). These boxes are pretty much all going to crowdfunding.
Regarding the difficult solution to supply distributors and other channels before fulfilling all the crowdfunding ones, indeed it’s hard to see and it was hard for us to take but necessary. You were also informed about this before we start doing it (I believe on an update/email in May). It’s not super cool even for us, but with the spike in the components cost and the supply issues this was the only way to make possible to actually ship the devices to crowdfunding and have a sustainable production.

9 Likes

I’ve said it before but to give an update, as the mechanical designer of the Dwarf, I also still don’t have one for myself. I can assure you we are doing everything we can to get units to our backers as soon as possible. When every backer has one then I will get one too, so we wait patiently together :blush:

17 Likes

A politician could not explain better in a friendly way that nothing is certain. :wink:

4 Likes

hi all,

I just received my Dwarf and I am very pleased about it :slight_smile:

In survey I choose to receive my device in August/September. Now I do not remember which plugins were supposed to be delivered with such option.
Does anyone know and can tell me?

Thanks!

4 Likes

It depends on what level you paid as a starter pack.
I have "MOD Dwarf + Premium plugin pack " and expect (and wait almost 2 years)
• MOD Dwarf
• Unlimited free access to 300+ curated plugins
• Custom EVA case for transportation
• Gx BoobTube - Guitar tube based fuzz plugin
• Gx Cream Machine - tube power amp modeler plugin
• Guitarix Valvecaster - Valve boost/distortion plugin
• K-Devices WOV - The ultimate plugin for all the tremolo freaks
• SHIRO Gaffa - Tape Delay simulation plugin
• SHIRO Phantom Zone - Dimensional chorus plugin
• SHIRO Shiroverb mkII - Shimmering reverb plugin
• VeJA Titan - Multi channel tube guitar amp modeler plugin
If there is a little extra because of the delay, I will not say no. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. I had the MOD Dwarf + Premium plugin pack too.
But when I filled in the survey there were some extra plugins to compensate with the delay.

Did you get your list from the survey?

I received the list from “Kickstarter” when I received the payment confirmation email. A list for compensation I did not get.

If there are any missing plugin licenses not yet given, just PM me and I will set it up.

I said somewhere else but will say here too, we do not have an automated way to give licenses yet, have been doing it manually for now.
So we typically wait until we have a collection of those to do and then do them all at once.

5 Likes

Thank you for this promise.
But it’s hard to miss plugins when nowhere is defined what exactly you are entitled to.
e.g. unlimited free access to 300+ curated plugins is a bit cryptic.

These 300+ plugins are currently always free ones. Anything else was/is an extra offer for the particular perk, shipping time selection (Crowdfunding case), or even any sort of promotion when in sales. This is basically valid for all our device

5 Likes

Thanks for quick reaction.

I confess I am curious too if there is compensation provided for almost 2 years delay and agreement for the 3rd delivery date.

2 years delay? the crowdfunding was finished a bit over a year ago. The delay is more like ~6 months at this point?

2 Likes

You are right .
When I received the confirmation for my crowfounding amount on 2020.09.03, the expected delivery date was indicated as end of 2020.
So it is now almost 1 year (felt 2 years) :innocent:

Yes, there are. At this moment you should already know pretty much what they are from all our communications, updates, surveys, etc.

I have only been here since August. Before that, it made no sense for me to dedicate myself to a device that is not yet available.
At that time I had the hope to get the dwarf in September.

Anyway, I guess that if you selected the option to receive the MOD Dwarf in September, you could read there the extra perks to compensate the delay. Besides of that you can check on your pledge exactly what was offered together with your MOD Dwarf, plus the extra plugins for reaching the stretch goals if you are a Kickstarter backer.

1 Like

The first Kickstarter finished on April 1 2020, with deliveries projected for Sept/Oct IIRC. I volunteered for the third delivery tier and with my current understanding of the production status, Q1/Q2 of next year seems realistic, which works out to a 2 year wait give or take a few months.

1 Like