Dwarf runs on tiny lithium ion battery

I’ve been looking for something to power-up my dwarf when I don’t have access to mains - primarily to tune-up, warm-up and practice a bit before performing.

So I didn’t need something that would run for many hours, and a lot of options seemed very heavy and pricey.

So I took a punt on one of these little li-ion batteries from ebay. When it arrived I was surprised how small it was - around the size of a small matchbox. It comes with a charger, and the output cable plugs straight in the back of the Dwarf.

I tested it out at home and it lasted over two hours - not bad for £18!

If no joy from the ebay link search for YSD-12180

10 Likes

woah! very sweet. :clap:

4 Likes

I guess you saved me some €€€ :joy: Thanks @ianr

2 Likes

Great Idea.!
In order to estimate the useful capacity of a battery pack, I need the actual power consumption. 2 hours would be to less for me…
I have cast my eye on the following power pack, with which I could supply Dwarf and IPad.
TalentCell Rechargeable 36W 12V/6000mAh 5V/12000mAh DC Output Lithium-Ion Battery for LED Strips, Band Light, CCTV Camera and More, Black : AmazonSmile: Electronics & Photo

3 Likes

I would guess that this one would give you power for a full day. But this also depends on the stuff (MIDI controllers, Control Chain devices, etc) that you have connected

1 Like

Well, from that point of view, I think that the iPad could probably have the higher consumption. I can find out for myself if necessary.
The idea of only IPad (including song sheets and backings) and Dwarf is sufficient for practising (via headphone) and tempting for campfire sessions.
Together with a Roland Cube Street Amp ( with 6 AA batteries) and enough Inputs (Guit, Mic and Aux for backing) , a usable capacity could result.
PS: with the USB/MID-Bluetooth Adopter the Ipad switched to Pedalboard and Snapshot.

Croatia is waiting :wink:

3 Likes

I can’t wait to watch those campfire videos in Croatia using the Dwarf :wink:

3 Likes

I am far away before the video generation. :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t you have a phone with a camera? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Sharry please please please say NO! :wink:

2 Likes

Yes I say no :wink:

4 Likes

@Sharry and @plutek you win haha I will take out my Nokia 3210 from the box :wink: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

After seeing this post I took a chance and bought the 9600mAh version and it works like a champ. Thanks for the tip!

7 Likes

That’s great - glad it worked for you.
I went to an open mic event on Sunday and there was no socket nearby so I ended up running off battery for the whole thing. Tempted to also get the 9600mAh version for extra peace of mind…

4 Likes

I must admit that I also ordered one :slight_smile: waiting for it to arrive still

3 Likes