Ehx hog 2

Hey guys, I pre ordered my MOD Duo and can’t wait to have it in my hands!

Yesterday I was looking for the Electro Harmonix HOG 2 (Harmonic Octave Generator) it’s a polyphonic harmonizer (up to 10 voices), maybe someone of you know it. Is it possible to write a plug-in of this pedal? I’m asking because I understand that using MIDI on the guitar you have to use a pickup like GK but if it’s a pedal like any other in the MOD and the input is a P10 guitar cable it can be functional? I don’t know about coding but I’m very curious about the possibilities of writing plug-ins to the MOD.

Thanks for your attention.

1 Like

I was waiting for somebody more knowledgeable to comment.

AFAIK there is no current LV2 plugin equivalent to the HOG 2. What you can do currently is use several of the pitchshifters set to different octave intervals and mix the outputs. This doesn’t do any of the sequencing or fancy stuff but at least gets you the basic ability to add harmonics.

Maybe somebody will make a plugin with all the same features. I’d certainly like to play with such a thing. The rkr sequence plugin might get you close. http://rakarrack.sourceforge.net/effects.html#Sequence

Pitch shifting in general is a difficult DSP problem, usually a tradeoff between quality, CPU intensity, and latency.