Expression pedal + footswitch extender

Hi,

OKā€¦ itā€™s March, starting to book summer shows, will we have footswitches? :wink:

@jesse iā€™d be interested in the specifics of the arduino shield aswell. I have one laying around here with nothing to do. :slight_smile: Iā€™m mostly interested in the connection specifics between MOD and the Arduino, the rest i can figure out myself.
Thanks!

Hey @gianfranco, any chance of an update on the footswitch and expression pedal please? I did my first gig with my MOD Duo last week, and whilst it worked perfectly, I found it quite limiting without an expression pedal and only 2 stomps.

I totally understand that design and production of new hardware is often subject to unexpected delays, especially when manufacturers in other countries are involved, so you wonā€™t hear me complaining about the wait, even if I am very impatient to give you money for these devices :wink: However it would be great if we could have a quick update every month or two, since this helps us decide whether itā€™s worth looking into alternative options such as generic MIDI controllers.

I am also particularly interested if there was an development on this discussion:

For example, I just discovered the very nicely compact Dunlop DVP4 volume pedal which can double as an analogue expression pedal. It would be awesome if I could use that to control MOD Duo plugin parameters! :slight_smile:

Thanks for any info you can share!

5 Likes

+1 Hope good progressing are being made.
Somehow I thought the really hard piece would be the duo itself, not so much the peripherals.
I suspect production issues more than technical ones, maybe ?

Hi @leDamien!

We are expecting the peripherals to arrive today. :slight_smile:

They will be shipped within this week!

Cheers,
MG

4 Likes

Here are the dimensions of the Footswitches so that you guys can start the placement design of your pedalboards :wink:

7 Likes

Whatā€™s the current shipping schedule for the extension? Iā€™m (as always with so many things!) chompinā€™ at the bitā€¦

The footswitches have already been shipped.

DHL? How can I get a tracking number?

Thanks!

Hi @Dave_Parker, I sent you an email on the 10th of April! :slight_smile: have a look at it.

Hi Maria. I didnt get an email ā€¦ should I have? Need tracking so I can be here when delivery comes. Thanks

Hi @Liosbeg, please check your email inbox.:slight_smile:

Hi Maria. I did get the email. Thanks. I didnā€™t reply because all the information in it was correct - I did cancel the arduino shield and ask for the $19USD to be applied to the footswitch extender. Are tracking numbers available yet for the footswitch extender shipment?

Many thanks again to you and all the moddevices folks that made this happen!

Hi Dave,

It is all clear now!

I am going to ship the MOD Footswitch for you today.
I will update you with the tracking number and link tomorrow the latest.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Maria Giovanna

Thanks Maria! Canā€™t wait!!

He Maria - do you have a tracking number yet?

Thanks!

DP

Hi @Dave_Parker,
Please check your emails!

MG

Hi @gianfranco and @Maria_Giovanna ,

the footswitch is really great, itā€™s so nice to have the dynamic display on it !

I was wondering if you could give us an update on the Expression pedals side ?
I think I has backed 2 from the KS :smiley:

thanks in advance

Hi @leDamien,

We are very glad you like the MOD footswitch! :slight_smile:

With regards to the expression pedal, we are still working on it.
I canā€™t give you a specific date for it, but it will be around the end of the summer/starting fall 2017.
Thank you for being patient, we are working on some great things coming!

Iā€™d like to put in my 2-cents (opinion) about a control chain expression pedalā€¦

Iā€™d be most interested in a mini expression pedal than a full size because I am running out of space on my pedalboardā€¦

I recently purchased the Morley Maverick Mini Switchless Wah because the wah effect is the only thing that is missing from my pedalboardā€¦ but at the end of the day Iā€™d rather have an expression pedal that I can assign to whatever I want in side the Duo.
A midi expression pedal doesnā€™t keep up with the pedal position (going through a KM SoftStep). I made an arduino expression pedal connection with the shield and I donā€™t notice any lag but DaisyChaining is not working well and the footswitch is more useful to me at this point. Once the daisy chain issues are worked out I will probably switch out the Mini Wah with a mini expression pedal with the arduino shield.

I wonder if it may be best to have some kind of interface box that will accept any kind of expression pedal and work with CC. Kind of like the Audiofront midi expression interface.
But it would be nice to have the CC connector right on the expression pedal.
Maybe do something like what moore does and have the pedal in a mini form factor but expandable to be a full size pedalā€¦ This one is more like a micro becoming a miniā€¦ (See pic at bottom)

Other idea/question is how do you make a pedal that can showcase the full potential of Control Chain? Just a rocker is kind of lacking in itā€™s full potentialā€¦
In another string I discuss with others on making a box with vertical knob (infinite turns like the one on the duo) with a screen and switch. With the switch you can scroll through the functions assigned (like the knobs on the duo). The knob is good for some things but the rocker is better suited for other thingsā€¦ A motorized rocker would be amazingā€¦ but Iā€™m sure itā€™s very expensiveā€¦

Iā€™m just thinking out loudā€¦ I will stop nowā€¦ :zipper_mouth: