Expression pedal + footswitch extender

What’s the current shipping schedule for the extension? I’m (as always with so many things!) chompin’ at the bit…

The footswitches have already been shipped.

DHL? How can I get a tracking number?

Thanks!

Hi @Dave_Parker, I sent you an email on the 10th of April! :slight_smile: have a look at it.

Hi Maria. I didnt get an email … should I have? Need tracking so I can be here when delivery comes. Thanks

Hi @Liosbeg, please check your email inbox.:slight_smile:

Hi Maria. I did get the email. Thanks. I didn’t reply because all the information in it was correct - I did cancel the arduino shield and ask for the $19USD to be applied to the footswitch extender. Are tracking numbers available yet for the footswitch extender shipment?

Many thanks again to you and all the moddevices folks that made this happen!

Hi Dave,

It is all clear now!

I am going to ship the MOD Footswitch for you today.
I will update you with the tracking number and link tomorrow the latest.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Maria Giovanna

Thanks Maria! Can’t wait!!

He Maria - do you have a tracking number yet?

Thanks!

DP

Hi @Dave_Parker,
Please check your emails!

MG

Hi @gianfranco and @Maria_Giovanna ,

the footswitch is really great, it’s so nice to have the dynamic display on it !

I was wondering if you could give us an update on the Expression pedals side ?
I think I has backed 2 from the KS :smiley:

thanks in advance

Hi @leDamien,

We are very glad you like the MOD footswitch! :slight_smile:

With regards to the expression pedal, we are still working on it.
I can’t give you a specific date for it, but it will be around the end of the summer/starting fall 2017.
Thank you for being patient, we are working on some great things coming!

I’d like to put in my 2-cents (opinion) about a control chain expression pedal…

I’d be most interested in a mini expression pedal than a full size because I am running out of space on my pedalboard…

I recently purchased the Morley Maverick Mini Switchless Wah because the wah effect is the only thing that is missing from my pedalboard… but at the end of the day I’d rather have an expression pedal that I can assign to whatever I want in side the Duo.
A midi expression pedal doesn’t keep up with the pedal position (going through a KM SoftStep). I made an arduino expression pedal connection with the shield and I don’t notice any lag but DaisyChaining is not working well and the footswitch is more useful to me at this point. Once the daisy chain issues are worked out I will probably switch out the Mini Wah with a mini expression pedal with the arduino shield.

I wonder if it may be best to have some kind of interface box that will accept any kind of expression pedal and work with CC. Kind of like the Audiofront midi expression interface.
But it would be nice to have the CC connector right on the expression pedal.
Maybe do something like what moore does and have the pedal in a mini form factor but expandable to be a full size pedal… This one is more like a micro becoming a mini… (See pic at bottom)

Other idea/question is how do you make a pedal that can showcase the full potential of Control Chain? Just a rocker is kind of lacking in it’s full potential…
In another string I discuss with others on making a box with vertical knob (infinite turns like the one on the duo) with a screen and switch. With the switch you can scroll through the functions assigned (like the knobs on the duo). The knob is good for some things but the rocker is better suited for other things… A motorized rocker would be amazing… but I’m sure it’s very expensive…

I’m just thinking out loud… I will stop now… :zipper_mouth:

I’m not sure I understand what you mean - any chance you could expand on that? I recently bought a KM SoftStep 2 and a Dunlop DVP4 Volume X Mini which doubles as an expression pedal (and is very nicely compact), and hooking it up to the SoftStep makes it work perfectly as a MIDI expression pedal.

@aspiers

I have the KM SoftStep1 and I plugged in a Roland EV-5 for expression pedal.

With a Wah plugin, I was moving my expression pedal relatively quickly and I found that the Wah effect was lagging behind my foot movements. I would go from toe up to toe down quickly and when my toe hit the bottom the Wah effect was still going. It’s just a split second delay but enough to be a problem.

To be certain, I would quickly put the toe down and when I felt the toe down I would hit a note. At that point I shouldn’t hear any changes in the tone of the sound but when done quickly you can still hear the tone change even though I hit a note after the toe is all the way down.

This isn’t a problem for slow changes such as just adjusting volume or other parameter. But when it comes to faster rhythmic rocking it was a problem for me.

I did not detect this issue when using an expression pedal through CC using the Arduino shield.

I see thanks. I haven’t tested my DVP4 as a wah pedal yet, so this latency might be an issue for me too. Maybe the lag is coming from the SoftStep rather than the MOD Duo?

Any update on the status of the expression pedal?

4 Likes

Hi @gianfranco and @Maria_Giovanna ,

any update on the Expression pedals side :smiley: ?

thanks,
Damien

4 Likes

Hi everyone

Sorry for the delays in responding here.

The Expression Pedals will go through the same process as the Footswitches - Beta Batch, etc - and the plan is to ship the Beta units in December. Our Christmas gift :slight_smile: .

I will soon open a topic in the forum to get some feedbacks on the pedal.

We apologize for the long delay. It is a very complex piece to do properly and we’re quite overloaded. Our company is growing and I can assure guys this is quite a beast to tame.

5 Likes