Expression pedal update

Thanks @gianfranco for the update. Since someone mentioned the blue color of the Duo - I suppose it’s not possible to have a blue expression pedal? Pretty please?

1 Like

Yes, as ridiculous it might seem.

The issue here is a communication one. The message is passed from me to an interpreter/salles person that speaks english, who then handles it to an technician from their company and speaks only chinese, who then forwards it to the contractor that does the metallurgy and also speaks only chinese.

My main reason for having an agent in Shenzhen is to skip most of these middlemen and talk directly to the people who are actually doing the work.

5 Likes

No. I would not even dare to try :wink:

1 Like

I new to the Mod Duo party just having got one… Will there be any chance for us late comers to get hold of a pedal ? it’s very missing for me…

1 Like

How are things going in Shenzhen?

2 Likes

What’s happening with the expression pedal?

2 Likes

Do we have some news about it ? I really feels like I’v been NOT using my MOD the way that I need to use it (I mean, in my rehersals, gigs, even shows), because this “simple” detail - The Expression Pedal.
Wah, Volume, Effects Control, etc… everything needs the expression pedal. Can we have some info about it ?
I confess that’s been a “little bit” frustrating to see the new Mod X starting to sell, and, all of us still waiting for almost 3 years, and still don’t have the Expression Pedal. I’v been completely patient, and always give support for the team, but, as I said, part of the Mod Duo stay useless without an Expression Pedal.
Sorry about the text, but I think that we deserve a little bit more attention.
Best regards.
Mariva Lima.

3 Likes

Putting it like that, it does sound indeed frustrating.

I have not been involved with the expression pedal, but I have seen a prototype and how its firmware will be presented on the screen.
There is a calibration step, for which its implementation has been finished recently.
Firmware-wise I believe it is only a matter of choosing exactly how the display will behave, and then its own self-test (the footswitch has one as well, by the way).
Everything else is more or less ready to go, software-wise. We even did a change in v1.7 way of dealing with control chain devices in preparation for it, as we “unlocked” addressed parameters, but one person cannot just send a request to the pedal and have it physically move the wheels :stuck_out_tongue:
So hardware actuators (by that I mean buttons, knobs, etc) can have a flag reporting “I dont support feedback, so don’t even try”. That will be the case for the pedal.

The main problem is the supplier for the parts. But this is not something I can give information on, as I do not know myself.

We do take the pedal quite seriously though, really unfortunate that it has taken this long and still not shipped to users.
It is for sure coming, as it is an essential part of the MOD family.
Apologies for the delay.

7 Likes

Hey! I’ve got an idea. How about a special early shipment with the studs but no holes and a template to “drill-your-own-holes”? Drill the holes, put the studs in, mount the board…

You could even give a credit towards a Duo X to those of us adventurous/desperate enough to try it!

Really thanks for your answer @falkTX !! Sorry if my post sounds agressive or something like that, and please, was not the intention…never!!!
I really respect, admire the team efforts and knowledgement, and I completely understood all the things that envolve this kind of issue (parts, supplier, etc…) !
I just want to use my MOD on the road, not “only” in studio. I REALLY LOVE my MOD DUO!! I was one of the first ones that believe in the project, and I fell very proud about it !!
Thank’s again for all answers, and I’m still waiting (anxious, o course… lol…) to complete the MOD family !
Best regards.

Mariva Lima.

3 Likes

Any news?

We are receiving what we hope to be the final sample in a few days.
Work on the self-test for the pedal has started, and we are validating its firmware at the moment.

10 Likes

Excellent!

Excellent indeed !!!

well… no, the supplier messed up again and did not send all needed parts that make a working “sample”…
we only have the enclosure, not the mechanical parts :man_facepalming:
this product feels cursed, we feel your pain. @gianfranco is on top of this

2 Likes

Bummer. This is getting really depressing…

2 Likes

it’ll happen!! all in good time!! :hugs:

It is happening, just a matter of time now.
Our prototype is ready and works well.
Just needs the enclosure and mechanical parts delivered and tested

11 Likes

Thanks @falkTX for keeping us informed.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

Lookin’ good!

Hope springs eternal…