Expression pedal update

+1 @Dave_Parker
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

+1 @Dave_Parker and @plutek

And unlike @Dave_Parker, I solely backed Mod Duo on Kickstarter because it seemed like a lot of kit for a good price! But, as I have backed many projects on KS, I would say that Mod has been the company I have followed the most and had the most communication with. The very nature of the product is engagement and that is apparent at all levels - sharing pedalboards, forum questions, update emails… heck, I even met @gianfranco and the team twice at NAMM. It’s exciting to see a company like them grow, and you guys are right about how they approach challenges. I’ve spent more money than I wanted to on nearly every product… I actually had to force myself NOT to order the X out of loyalty to the company, but solely because I didn’t need the added functionality. But I’m not blindly loyal, I get real added value out of the Mod products, and I am not worried at all about the expression pedal. I know it’s coming and I trust Mod to do right by their customers, no, their community.

Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks so much for the continued interaction!

9 Likes

@JEL
I’m pretty much in agreement with everything you’ve said.

3 Likes

I’m sure they will do it right and it will be one of the best models!

4 Likes

How are you getting on with the Morningstar, Dave?
Is it straightforward connecting with the CAT-5 or USB socket?
Yet to use midi, but want to get set up ready for the Q4 Dwarf arrival.
Surely a midi expression pedal could go in the MC-6 and solve the issue of this stream?

1 Like

I haven’t really had a chance to dig into it yet.

The connections are 7-pin DIN, 1/4" TRS and USB-B. I connected a MeloAudio EXP-001 expression pedal to the MC-6 with one of the 1/4" TRS cables and connected to the ModDuo with the DIN cables. You can also connect the MC-6 with the ModDuo with the USB ports, but I haven’t done that yet - other than to see that it works - because I use the USB to connect to my computer to use the Morningstar software.

It’s a really versatile setup, but I’m going to have to learn more about midi and the MC-6 before I really make full use of it.

2 Likes

What’s the latest on the expression pedal?

2 Likes

Off topic: is it possible to enable the Mod Duo ( X ) tuner using one of the actuators? Since I am using my MD X behind me where the amp is, I am missing a direct and easy way to tune my guitar.

On topic: I have found a volume pedal online which has a tuner built into it (not going to reference it here). It would be a tremendous solution for me, if the Mod Exp pedal could also display a tuner. Can we expect that?

Thanks!

The duo has a tuner, and at this stage of the game I’m hoping the team will not be making any changes to the expression pedal.

Well I hope they are competitive and are aware of other big brands adding such functionality to their pedals. Although maybe it would entirely not be possible at all, since no sound goes through the control chain (I think)?

Is there a complete list of specifications for the exp pedal? (They might already have thought of this :wink: ).

Any updates on the status?

3 Likes

Oh, how right you were…

I’ll let Gian make an official update when the time is right. What I can mention briefly is that like Gian mentioned in the last update, we are transitioning to a new Manufacturer. The was a partial redesign of the pedal to fix some issues which were highlighted by the samples we recieved from the previous supplier. This redesign is complete. We’re currently just waiting on a new sample from the new supplier which is unfortunately being delayed due to the COVID-19 situation. Once we get the sample we should be able to evaluate and plan for production. We really appreciate your patiance and hopefully, like us, you can see the light at the end of this long tunnel!

7 Likes

update please ?
it feels like i have been waiting for 6 years … oh wait, I have been :frowning:

5 Likes

Timing could not have been any better. The production samples from the new supplier just arrived on my desk today so we will begin evaluating and making any adjustments necessary with the mechanical design this week

11 Likes

Kind of hoping it went smoothly :smiley:

3 Likes

Updates?

5 Likes

I hope this batch was good? Would love an update. Any ETA on shipment? It’s been a long two years since my purchase.

1 Like

Update?

5 Likes

I would love a quick update too. Since MOD are (presumably) putting a lot of effort into the Dwarf right, and also given that COVID-19 can’t be making things any easier, I am happy to be incredibly patient regarding the expression pedal (even to the point of waiting another year or more!). But I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for a short update every few months at least.

It’s fine for me if the update doesn’t have any significant good news; it would be just be at least easier to be patient if I knew the current status. I’d much prefer to hear “we haven’t been working on it the last few months, because of X, Y, and Z” rather than hear nothing at all.

5 Likes