Expression Pedals

If I wan to get a cheap expression foot pedal for the DuoX what short shoul I look for? I’m out of date and while I know of CV I think there where problems with the CV inputs anyway?

Thought I’d have a go at this

Steve

Hi @Steve_Lee

The CV circuitry is currently not yet active in the DuoX. This same circuitry is used for the expression pedal input.

So for now, standard expression pedals can only work through a converter box (either EXP to MIDI or EXP to Control Chain). We have a blogpost from quite a while ago about building your own EXP to Control Chain converter using the MOD Arduino Shield. You can find it here: https://www.moddevices.com/blog/2017/05/06/tutorial-arduino-control-chain

With that said, once the CV inputs get enabled, any kind of standard expression pedal should work. Regardless of whether the signal is wired to the tip or to the ring of the TRS connector on the expression pedal.

Hope that clarifies it!

//Jesse

1 Like

The Melo Audio expression pedal seems to work pretty well FWIW. Cheap too (but fairly sturdy).

1 Like

Yes, indeed . I thought It was the CV inputs yo uwere havingproblems before when deciding whether to ship or not :slight_smile:

Do you have a rough ETA? It’s years since my last hobby electronnics project and while that Sheild would be a lot of fun I can wait for the CV inputs if soon-ish.

:thumb: