FCB1010 configuration for MOD DuoX

I’m completely new to MIDI and following the recommendations here I purchased the Behringer FCB1010.
Trouble is the only thing I’ve been able to get to work with the DuoX is the expression pedals.
I’m a bit clueless as to how to assign the footswitches to simple operations like turning an effect on and off on my pedalboard.
I’ve ordered the UNO EPROM upgrade chip as it seems to fit my needs a little better with it’s pedalboard mode etc.
For now however, and so I can learn about basic MIDI functions, could anyone give me a helping hand as to how I should set up the FCB1010 to work with the DuoX?

Any help would be really appreciated folks :smiley:

Many thanks in advance.

Is it possible to assign midi control change message on fcb1010(midi cc)? As I check the manual of fcb1010 it seems to be possible to send the cc message.

If it is right, then you can assign the parameter of mod duo x plugins as midi.

2 Likes

Hey Krysalan,

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood the question, but did you try the following?

There is also a child section for MIDI, but I think it is best to read the parent first.

Hope it helps set you on the right path!

2 Likes

Also try a PC editor - I used to use www.mtnsys.com/?path=faq-fcb/PCEditor.htm%3f

Which looks basic but works perfectly. It’s quicker to set parameters and you can see at a glance what is set with the spreadsheet style front end.

Then you can set PC CC or even Note for each switch and possibly even stompbox mode if your firmware allows . Also works with the UNO

2 Likes

Hey Krysalan, as far as I know, the footswitches on the FCB1010 send MIDI CC (correct me if I’m wrong).
Assigning switches on the MOD plugins to them should be fairly easy. Perhaps yous should take a look in our Wiki, more precisely here.
Let us know if you got it up and running.

1 Like

I think my issue lies with not knowing what CC to send from the FCB, currently the footswitches just change the patches on the FCB.
I’ve downloaded the editor for the FCB but it’s still not clear to me what to program the FCB to do to communicate with the DuoX.
The DuoX recognises the Expression pedals just fine but not the footswitches, which I put down to me not having programmed them ?

Thanks guys, all the replies are really appreciated :smiley:

The footswitches should be programmed to send CC messages. It doesn’t matter what values you send, but you should make them unique per footswitch. Example switch 1 = CC1, switch 2 = CC2, etc.
When you set up MIDI learn on your device, it waits for a CC message and whatever it receives is what gets assigned to that parameter. That’s why the numbers you choose can be arbitrary.

3 Likes

Ah, thats awesome. My first step to getting a grip of things. Makes total sense and easy to organise/ visualise on the FCB programming app I downloaded.

Brilliant, many thanks :grin:

1 Like

Got the UNO chip for the FCB and I’m in business - pretty good editor for the FCB from UNO.
I found that in Stompbox mode for instance, a CC value of less than 64 turns an effect off and over 64 turns it on. I’m going to delve deeper obviously bu thanks to you guys and UNO I’m on my way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad you are all sorted. Now you just need to mod it ; )

You can always add a teensy or arduino instead of the expression box

2 Likes