First bit of proper MOD video from me :)

This was filmed back at the beginning of September at the Warwick factory in Germany - all the looping and processing is done in the MOD Duo (it was mastered, and some noise reduction was done to get rid of lighting hum caused by the single coil pickups on my bass :wink: ) - I’m controlling the MOD with a Softstep 2, and using the looper internally. When I lean forward and tweak knob #1, I think I was turning up the gain on the Tubescreamer clone :slight_smile:

enjoy!

12 Likes

Realy nice sounds @solobasssteve!
So controling the SooperLooper with the softstep 2 (MIDI) seems to work fine. No clicks when recording the loop?
I tried to record loops using the MOD’s footswitches but I always hear a click.

What I’m finding is there’s no click if there’s no audio going through the looper at the time when you hit the button. The click is just a typical broken wave form (there’s no cross-fade built into the sooperlooper yet). So if you put reverb etc. after the looper, you can do more seamless loops while still having the sound overlap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for tip ! I will look into that.

1 Like

enjoy I did! Amazing!

1 Like

Very nice mellow playing and gorgeous sounds! Thanks for sharing…

1 Like

Great playing - thank you for the video.
I’d be really happy if the MOD guys would fix the Sooperlooper Plugin so it would fade in and fade out at the beginning of the sample so it wouldn’t click… but great that it’s still working for you.

1 Like

One quick question - would you mind sharing the pedalboard you’ve used in this video ?
Great sound - especially the nice overdrive tone you’ve had