FootEx connectivity issues

Description

I have a FootEx as well as an Arduino shield. When connecting the FootEx, it is not recognized correctly when using the “main” port. It is recognized when using the “next” port

How to reproduce

1. Connect Mod Duo to PC and open the Mod Duo’s website on the PC
  2. Connect FootEx to Mod Duo using “main” port on FootEx. No message appears on PC
  3. Connect FootEx to Mod Duo using “next” port on FootEx. Web interface shows message “New Control Chain device connected FootEx v0.05”
  4. Connect Arduino Shield “main port” (with Arduino programmed to Button example) to “main” port of FootEx. Web interface shows messages “Control Chain device disconnected FootEx v0.05” and “New Control Chain device connected Button v0.10”.

Expected/suggested solution

I think the setup as documented should be like this:

• Connect FootEx to Mod Duo using “main” port on FootEx
  • Connect Arduino Shield “main” port to Mod Duo using “next” port on FootEx"

When I do this, only the Arduino Shield is available in the Mod Duo web interface, the FootEx is not available. Expected result is that both are available.

By the way, if I connect the Arduino Shield to the Mod Duo directly, it doesn’t seem to matter whether I use the “next” or “main” port - both seem to work OK. So it looks to be more of an issue with the FootEx.

Additional information

• release: I installed v1.4.0 RC2
  • controller: e582b18

Hello @crenz

If you connect the cable back to ‘main’ after you have had connected it to ‘next’ it still not working?

Yes, that doesn’t make a difference (not surprisingly - plugging the cable out switches the FootEx off).

@crenz let’s do the exchange of your footswitch extension. I’ll send you the details.