Footswitch display unreadable

Let’s see…

Same problem for version 0.4.1. The luminosity is OK for the both displays but the left display has a dim text so it is impossible to read…

Hello @jon ! I´ve been tracking this thread since I bought the FS hoping that a solution for the unreadable display would came up.
I´ve updated to the latest version 0.4.1 but the problem remains. My display is not completely unreadable but the text contrast make it very hard to read.
What can we expect from the MOD team on the solution for this issue since it was first reported in november 2018 ?
I´m waiting the DWARF and would like to have the FS ready for use with it.
Regards

Ps.: Just found another thread on this topic and it seems that there is a harware fix possible.
Can I have this info?

This is indeed a hardware and not a software issue with some of the Footswitches.

Are you “techy”? The hardware fix requires a resistor to be replaced.

1 Like

Hello Jon.

No.
I´m not very good at soldering stuff but maybe I can try or ask someone to help me to do the hardware fix.

The best way to get it fixed is to write us at support@moddevices.com
It’s better if we perform the fix. Although it is simple you will require some skills and proper equipment.

Note: Bare with us if we take a bit longer to answer you on support. We are receiving a lot of communications and a lot of Dwarfs are getting out so it may take us a bit to reach your ticket

1 Like

Ok.
I´ll send an email to the support.
Cheers

1 Like

Can you send me info so I can do the “hardware fix”?
…and yes, I am a “techy” … :slightly_smiling_face:

Well as far as I know there’s an SMD component that got broken and should be swapped. If you don’t have the right tools for such an operation we should fix it on our side.

Ok - I guess it’s best to let you fix it.

Actually, I think both of my footswitches need fixing.
Look at the picture:
one display is very weak;
the other one is too bright
(I’ve taped it in the past with some success)

Possible to fix both so they match the Duo X?

Edit:
2nd picture with photographic filter (four f-stops) - helps a lot…
actually I think I can live with that.
I’ll tidy it up a bit, though… :slightly_smiling_face:

But thanks for trying!

The screens are different from the DuoX, so it may not be possible to make them “look the same”.
Anyway, if you want to move forward to solve the issue, please write support@moddevices.com and we will take it from there.

1 Like