Footswitch extender not recognized

Thanks, that helps a lot.
Was not aware of that specific issue when auto-reloading the page.
Some content must be wrongly cached, I’ll investigate.

So aside from that issue, using 1 footswitch always works for you with the latest build.
Is this correct?

Ok, that specific issue is fixed now. Here’s a new build
http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduo-v1.4.0.453.tar

There’s 2 issues that remain regarding connecting 2 footswitches at once:
1- order is not guaranteed
2- sometimes they are recognized as being the same footswitch and weird results happen (same addressings on both, then a disconnect)

Those 2 have to be fixed in the footswitch firmware.

1 Like

Correct! Other than that specific GUI issue the footswitch works with no issues when using only one footswitch.
I will test the v1.4.0.453 tonight.

Looking forward to the footswitch firmware update.

I put the single footswitch through 10 power cycles with letting the GUI auto-reload the page and there were no issues.
The longest I went in the previous test was 5 cycles in a row with no issues. I figure if we can go 10 cycles we are in good shape…

Looking forward to the footswitch firmware update so I can reliably use multiple footswitches together.

Hey @ricardocrudo, @falkTX,

I have not been able to update the FootEx. Although it powers up, the FootEx does not appear to connect. I tried plugging it in to both the Next and Main inputs on the FootEx with both the provided cable and a spare. What should I do now?

@btempchin do you run linux or mac os? if yes, there’s a simple way to update the footswitch firmware.
open a terminal with the modduo connected to the pc over usb, and run:

curl http://download.moddevices.com/releases/cc-firmware/v1/file/FootEx0.2.1.bin | ssh root@192.168.51.1 "cat > /tmp/cc-firmware.bin"

(when asked about password, type mod and hit enter)

now connect the footswitch device to the mod via usb, while holding down the first footswitch.

if you have the web interface open, it should display a message saying the footswitch firmware was updated.
if not just wait 20 seconds to make sure the operation completed.

1 Like

@falkTX Thanks! The FootEx updated and now connects. I’ll run it through further testing over the next few days and let you all know if anything comes up.

So, I just (finally) did update my Mod and the controller footswitch.

Mod at version 1.4.1
Controller switch at 0.2.1

But now the Mod doesn’t recognize the controller? Any suggestions?

Your footswitch was working before the update or you never tried it?

Yes it was working just fine before. I followed the directions to get it recognized and that went off without a hitch.

Now, that I’ve updated it, it just doesn’t get recognized. I’ve tried various restarts, by unplugging the footswitch and plugging it in again. I’ve turned to MOd of and on again, either with the footswitch attached, or without the footswitch attached and then attaching it.

I’ve also tried resetting just the “internet page”, and also, closing the entire internet browser and starting that up again.

@Treelemon what’s your OS?

Mac OS. Most recent update.

I use Chrome as the web browser. For working with the Mod.

Please try this: Footswitch extender not recognized

The update on my footswitch is already at 0.2.1, but I’ll give that a try this morning.

So I tried that option. I could only get a response by using this

http://download.moddevices.com/releases/cc-firmware/v1/file/FootEx0.2.1.bin

That gives me FootEx0.2.1

I then go to manually install that. It seemed to go ok getting it on to the Duo, but when trying to update the footswitch with it, the footswitch just remains in blank screen. I did the footswitch update as I understood it.

• Hold down the number on on footswitch
  • Then plug it in to Mod Duo by USB.

I did try using the whole thing link thing, but that doesn’t give me any results.
http://download.moddevices.com/releases/cc-firmware/v1/file/FootEx0.2.1.bin | ssh root@192.168.51.1 "cat > /tmp/cc-firmware.bin"
I may not be understanding fully what that is? I also never was in a position to enter a password.

I just realized what was meant. I am dumb. I am am now using the terminal…sigh

Ok, so I actually followed the directions and got to the point were the open web interface said, “Control Chain firmware device firmware complete!”

So, I plug the footswitch back in with the provided cable and it still doesn’t register as existing. I refreshed the page as well with no difference. I rebooted the Duo again, and came to no difference. Any other suggestions?

Hmm, that’s weird.

You may try to connect the cable on the next port instead of the main one to see if make any difference.

Right now you can also try the new release, please: Release 1.4.2

Hey guys… so…
I tried these steps but my footswitch was never updated…

When I connected the device holding the first footswitch, the display went blank and nothing happend.

I tried waiting for around 2min (since the tip was to wait 20 seconds) and nothing happend.

Can someone help me?