Founders edition aesthetics

We don’t have a deadline yet, but I would say asap.

I can also tell you that the “Windows 95 bug” looks better live than on photos or renders.
I was also skeptical about that specific part, but when I saw it live it worked way better. Looks super cool! And the device literally looks like a rock. You feel that you can cross with a bulldozer on it and it will not break (please don’t try that!)

3 Likes

I like the reference to Solitare haha. There was no vote on engraving or colour basically because everyone has a different opinion and we can’t cater to everyone

As mentioned in the update, there will be one less line in the final because the thinnest line doesn’t engrave super well. So the already fairly subtle design will look slightly more subtle

6 lines

5 lines (final)

(3D rendered images not photos)

The idea is to be unique without going crazy. We never expected it to be 0% polarising so no problem if you don’t like it, you’re welcome to take a regular black unit

We’ll get back to you soon about a deadline for deciding

4 Likes

I have terrible eyesight so my Dwarf actually looks like a Founders edition - as does most of my other pedals :wink:

3 Likes

Haha well then it should blend in nicely

This one always messes with my eyes

3 Likes

It now seems that the Founders Edition has 4 jack outputs instead of two jack inputs on the right and two jack outputs on the left like the regular black edition.

2 Likes

You are quite right! Impressive attention to detail. It will be fixed on the shipped devices don’t worry :wink:

3 Likes

I’m okay with it. I like the color. The top engravings I don’t care for, but it’s okay.

On a side note, my company owns a MOPA laser, so I might embellish the top at some point. If I were, I might create a pattern across the whole thing … Not sure.
In any case, I like the stone grey color–plus shiny flecks sounds cool!

4 Likes

I think the aesthetics are great. However I think the name “founders edition” is super weird and I have no connection with it.

1 Like

That’s why we left the decision to be democratic. We were aware that not everyone would like the name that would come out, but this is the way to be sure that the majority likes it.

1 Like

Just because it got the most votes (really don’t know why) doesn’t mean it’s the “majority” :stuck_out_tongue:

hmm how does that work? the interested parties voted for it. I dont think turnout was low, and the winner was quite obvious, as it lead by a big margin compared to the other ones iirc.

2 Likes

Yeah I think it is quite literally the majority haha. If I can attempt to give some relatability, think of it as being a special item from the founders as a reward for your support in the process of getting it off the ground, and by giving that support, you can also be considered as a founder of the Dwarf, because without you guys it would have been a lot harder to get it off the ground

2 Likes

The only way that I can understand this affirmation is if I assume that you thought some votes weight more than others - although I can’t understand what would led you to think that way. But in fact that’s not the case. Those who wanted to vote voted and actually the biggest majority of them selected this name.
I’m not checking that right now, but if I remember well the second most voted option doubled would still not be enough, so that was really the majority.

If your comment comes from the fact that there was a pre-selection of the options, I think that is understandable why happened. And even in this case, those options came out of a huge discussion in the “Dwarf - Crowdfunding Tier 3 - “? Edition”” thread

Ah, the ol’ American voting system.

Popular vote was so last century, we all about electoral college voting in this thread.

Jk, popular vote has never been taken into account lmao

2 Likes

Sure sure, personally I liked this name the least but if it really was a literal majority (so more than all other votes combined) then I certainly shouldn’t complain. The people have spoken.

I just really don’t consider myself a founder of anything here. MOD was founded many years ago, the Dwarf is just product number x to come out. Nobody that pre-ordered the Dwarf has anything to do with Founding the company or the product.

But I will take @James interpretation then :wink:

1 Like

I understand and respect that. Just to be clear, there were 440 votes. 44,3% selected this option…I think it shows the “majority” that we are talking about.

I understand the point. This was more meant because without the crowdfunding support the Dwarf would never exist. And neither without the people that are in the 3rd window for so long and keep so patient waiting.

:love_you_gesture:
That’s the most correct one (actually @James mostly managed the process, I just helped put the word out and counting haha)

1 Like

Other names hidden to avoid breaking hearts :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I don’t care what they look like just send me one already!!! Actually like the graphics.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.
We want to ship them asap. Yet, can’t be “already” (if I got it well). Part of the reason for us to ask who really wants to get the Founders Edition is for us to understand how many of those enclosures should we produce. That means that they are about to start being coated and engraved (the enclosures).

1 Like

As a fellow tier 3 person, I’m happy with either version. Whichever find its way here fastest. The new design works for me!

1 Like