Gain controls acting strangely

Description

OK, I’ve got a strange one here - the gain controls for the inputs and outputs don’t seem to be responding in anything like a logical manner. The actual changes in volume are fairly random, and don’t seem to have anything to do with the values that I’m dialing up… I can turn the fine control up and the volume goes down, or vice versa, but there’s a huge lag to anything happening, so I can’t work out if what I did caused it or not! Also, the fine Adjust resets to 0 (at least in the display) whenever I exit the window and go back to it, so there’s no knowing what’s happening.

How to reproduce

1. turn on the MOD
  2. pull up a preset
  3. use the settings menu to navigate to Volume and Gains
  4. choose either input or output gains. Adjust the fine gain (input) or the output level and experience the awesome power of confusion and/or nothing happening :slight_smile:

Expected/suggested solution

To be able to turn up or down the gain via the gain controls

Additional information

Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.

• release: v 1.5.0
  • controller: a5aa6d3

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Windows
  • System version: Windows 10, Chrome Browser.
1 Like

Anecdotally, I’ve had a few strange results as well. I’ve learned to pay closer attention to the Output levels after troubleshooting audio to my headhphones. Recently I was demo’ing a few shared pedalboards and chose to lower the Output gains a bit to reduce clipping. I lowered the gain in both Outputs and when I was done with that pedalboard I went to restore the Outputs to 0 dB and Out2 already appeared to be reset.

2 Likes